Q. Prerequisites for effective participation?
Prerequisites for effective participation: the following are the prerequisites for the success of participative management:
1. There must be a strong democratic and representative unionism for the success of participative management.
2. There should be closely formulated objective for participation. These should be mutually agreed upon.
3. There should be a feeling of participation at all levels. Too much emphasis on hierarchical structure and close supervision is not conductive of participation. The working environment must be congenial enough to inspire the workers to give their best to the enterprise.
4. There should be effective consultation of the workers by the management to inculcate enthusiasm in them it's the formulation of policies that affect them directly. They should have a say in all the issues affecting them.
5. Both the management and the workers must develop a favourable attitude and outlook and must have full faith in the soundness of the philosophy underlying the concept of worker's participation.
6. Employer's trade unions and the government can play a major and meaningful role in organizing and conducting training programme and in developing the necessary skill in the representatives of workers and employees.