Scope of the Marketing:
Marketing is typically seen as the task of creating, programming promoting and delivering goods and services to consumers and businessman. In fact, marketing people are involved in marketing 10 types of entities: goods, services, experiences, events, persons, places, properties, organization, information, and ideas.
1. Goods: physical goods constitute the bulk of most countries production and marketing effort. In developing nations, goods particularly food, commodities and housing are the ministry of the economy.
2. Services: as economics advance, growing properties of their activities are focused on the production of the services. Services include the work of airlines, hotel, car rental firms, barbers and beauticians, maintenance and repair people, dog kennels and dog therapist as well as professionals working within or for companies, such as accountants, layers, engineers, doctors, software programmers and management consultants. Many market offerings consist of a variable mix of goods and the services.
3. Experience: by orchestrating several services and the goods, one can create, stage, and market experiences.
4. Events: marketers promote time based events, such as the Olympics company anniversaries major trade shows, sports events, and artistic performances. There is a whole profession of meeting planners who work out the details of an event and stage it to come off perfectly.
5. Persons: celebrity marketing has become a major business. Few years ago, someone seeking fame would hire a press agent to plant stories in newspapers and magazines. Today every major firm star has an agent, a personal manager, and ties to a public relationship agency. Artistic, musicians, CEOs, physicians, high profile layers and financiers, and other professions are drawing help from celebrity marketers.
6. Places: places cities, states, reglons, and whole nation's complete activity to attract tourists, factories, company headquarters, and new residents. Place marketers include economic development specialists, real estate agents, commercial banks, local business associates and advertising and public relation agencies.
7. Properties: properties are tangible rights to ownership of either real property (real estate) or financial property (stocks and bonds) properties are bought and sold, and this occasion a marketing effort. Real estate agents work for property owners or seekers to sell or buy residential or commercial real estate.
8. Organization activity work to build a strong, favourable image in the mind of their publics. We see corporate identity ads by companies seeking more public recognition.
9. Information: information can be produced and marketed as a product. This is essentially what publics. We see corporate schools and universities produce and distribute at a price to parents, students, and communications.
10. Ideas: every market offering includes a basic idea at its core. Products and services are platform for delivering some idea for benefit. Marketers search hard for the core need they are trying to satisfy. A church, for example, must decide whether to market itself as a place of worship or a community centre; the design of the church will be different depending on the choice.