You work for a consulting firm and have been contracted by the Human Resource Manager of the MAC Corporation to create two plans. The first (Part A) is an action plan to address the corporation's recruiting needs. The second (Part B) is a plan that lists all possible benefits options that MAC will offer employees.
The MAC Corporation, a medium-sized company with 1500 employees, has decided to expand operations in the Northwest Territory. MAC manufactures and distributes semiconductor components to high-technology customers in the United States. The Human Resource department, based in Portland, Oregon, consists of twenty employees, all of whom work to support sales, customer service, manufacturing and general administration employees. With the announcement of the expansion, the Human Resource Manager must now detail an action plan to fill the following positions:
Sales Force: +2
Product Design & Development: +2
Part A: Select TWO of the positions listed above to recruit for. Write a three to five page action plan. All writing must be in APA format, double spaced, in 12 point font and with a 1" margin. Please make sure to properly cite all resources. Include the following information:
- Overview. Describe the current business situation and give an overview of your action plan. List the positions you will help to recruit for. Describe the benefits for following human resource protocol in the recruiting process.
- Recruitment practices. List the internal and external recruitment options that MAC can choose from. Locate at least five recruitment sources for each position. These can be job placement sites, newspapers/magazines, universities, etc. Include the contact information for each source.
- Relevant laws. Describe two to three current laws that hiring managers must be aware of before recruiting.
- Interview questions. List ten legal interview questions that can be asked of the candidates. List three to five commonly asked illegal questions so the employer can avoid asking them.
- Conclusion. Summarize the list of actions MAC Corporation must take to fill these positions within six months. Reflect on the benefits to an organization of having ethical human resource practices.
Part B: Write a two to three page plan describing the benefits options that can be offered. All writing must be in APA format, double spaced, in 12 point font and with a 1" margin. Please make sure to properly cite all resources. Provide the following:
- Begin with a list of employees eligible for benefits and when they are eligible.
- List of benefits options:
- Medical, including vision (traditional or non-traditional plans)
- Paid leave: vacation, sick (personal time off), bereavement, jury duty
- Wages, bonus, stock, discounts
- Supplemental benefit offerings (discounted vision, pet insurance, etc.)
- Training (or tuition reimbursement) offered
- Summary of FMLA law as it applies to the company (who is covered)
- Family-friendly policies
- Summary of other laws that relate to the benefits administration of the organization