Objectives of the personal selling: personal selling has two types of objectives - long termand short term. The long term objectives, which are more or less permanent, are braoder. These are also known as qualitative objectives. The objectives under this head are:
1. To do the entire job.
2. To serve the existing customers.
3. To search out and obtain the new customers.
4. To secure and maintain customers co -operation in stocking and promoting the product line.
5. To keep the customers informed of changes in the product line.
6. To assist customers in selling the product line.
7. To provide technical advice and assistance to customers.
8. To handle the sales personal of the middle man.
9. To provide advice and assistance to middle man whenever needed.
10. To collect and report market information on interested matters to the company management.
Apart from these qualitative objectives, mentioned above certain quantitative objectives are also assigned, known as short term objectives, to personal selling, and they are:
1. To obtain a specified sales volume.
2. To obtain sales volume in ways that contributes to profit objectives, by selling proper mix of products.
3. To keep the personal selling expences within the specified limits.
4. To secure and return a specified share of the market.