Environmental Assessment and Management:
1. Using a case study area of your choice, explain and demonstrate different understandings of nature, environment and / or landscape in operation. 'Understandings' would include discourses, representations, and / or aesthetics.
2. Critically evaluate the claim that the methodological shortcoming of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process undermines its ability to promote sustainable development. Your answer should utilise case study material where appropriate and examine at least THREE of the methodological 'flaws' from the following list.
- Poor Quality of Public Participation
- Weak focus on Biodiversity Issues
- Blindness to Cumulative Impacts
- Lack of focus on Socio-Economic Impacts