Advantages of the advertising:
1. It increases the sales volume: advertising increases the sales volume of the product. Hence mass production is possible. This leads, to reduction in the cost of the production.
2. It increases the net profit: It increase the net profit by a higher turnover of the sales. It leads to higher volume of production. Hence advantage cost of production is less, and the profit will be increase.
3. It controls product line: control of wholesaler and retail price is possible by means of advertisement.
4. It helps in opening new market: advertising is helpful in opening or creating new markets. It helps to get leadership in the market. It helps the manufactures to take decisions whether to expand the market share or not.
5. It maintains the existing market: maintenance of existing market is essential for the success of a concern. Hence manufactures, which look ahead, always have an eye on the future business.
6. It creats reputation: advertising increases the reputation of the manufactures in the public. It builds the image of the product and the goodwill of the manufactures.
7. It is less expensive: advertising is considered to be less expansive. With a smaller amount of money, advertising reaches many people and more people will buy the product.
8. Wide information: Wide information of the product is possible through advertisement. Any change in the quality or price can be made known by the manufactures to the customers as and when it is necessary in a quick manner.
Advantage of the salesman:
1. Creats a background: salesmen's mastely and skill satisfy the customers. A well trained, active tactful salesman's job makes easy distribution work. The advertisement, which is the background, will help the salesman very much. Customers know about the product through advertisement. When the salesman contacts them with the product, customers buy the product without any hesitation.
2. Curtails the burden of the salesman's job: if the advertising is done by the manufacturer, the work of the salesman is reduced. Otherwise he has to advertise about the product and then try to sell the product. Salesman's function is supported and supplemented by the advertismnet.
3. Least effort: advertised product can be sold very easily. Salesman's time is saved and he can contact more customers in a short period. He can meet many customers with the least effort.
4. Consumer's need can be studied: a salesman confidence is increased through the advertising by educating and stimulating the consumers. Customer's demand and needs are studied by him correctly.
5. Creats enthusiasm: advertising reduces salesman's job. He can do his job in a better way to sell the products, crossing the fixed Quota. Hence it creats enthusiasm in him aenced confedence in him a
Advantages to Wholesalers and retailers
1. Creates easy sales: Advertisement informs consumers about the quality of the product hence they know the about the product sale of the product is easy for the wholesalers and retailers
2. Increases the turnover: advertising helps quick sale of the product which in turn increases the rate of the trunover of the product. Thus, there is no question of old stocks. It reduces the express on the overhead changes.
3. Attracts more customers: advertising gives detailed information about the product and the availability of the product in a particular group. As such, it attracts more customers in that particular shop.
Increases the prestiage of teh store: customers know about the store through the advertising. The goodwill or repution earned by the manufacturer is also shared by the selling shops. Thus the prestiage of the firm increases.
Publicity: in the advertisement, product publicity and wholesalers or retail shop publicity are done simultaneously. Thus, the retailers are also known to the public and thereby increase their sales too.
Advantages to the customer:
1. Easy advertising: advertising helps customers in an easy purchasing of the products. Advertisement gives useful information about the reanable of the price and the quality of the product.
2. Fair: it helps the customer to get the product at fair price.
3. Saves time: it helps customers by giving information about the availibilty of the product, where and when. The the customers can select the best prdocut in a particular group. Thus it reduces their shooping time.
4. Best quality product: advertisement generally stands for a quality product. Manufactures advertise their product only for selling. If the product is not good, customers will switch on the other products (brand). Manufacturers maintain their quality to retain the market.
5. Educates the customer: the aim of the advertising is to educate the customers about the information of a new product menaining its different use. It gives information to the customers about the availability of goods and services in the market.
Advantages to the community:
1. Increase employment opportunities: advertising generates employment opportunities directly and indirectly. Direct employment opportunities in the advertising are artists, painters, singers, musicians, writers, pressman, agencies etc.
2. Uplifts the standard of the living: advertising is an effective tool which raises the standard of living of the people of teh advanced countries.
3. Educative value: advertising educates the members of the community in the various uses of products. As such, people know the variations and their availability in the market and uses and benefits.
4. Helps press: advertising gives more income to the press. We cannot buy newspapers at a cheaper rate without advertisement. Commercial advertisement and broadcasting are undertaken by radios, television, newspapers, etc. these lead to the cheaper availability of the newspapers.