Reference no: EM132279698
Discussion: Conducting Research
You have proposed and received feedback on your topic. Now, conduct research on the following:
• A topic that relates to the problem statement.
• The performance indicators found in literature about the problem.
• The outcome measures found in literature about the problem.
For your initial post:
• State your problem in one sentence and add a citation to ensure relevance.
• List your performance indicators with associated units of measurement.
• List a minimum of two authoritative sources on performance measurement. Explain how each source addresses quality management and performance measurement as it applies directly to your selected topic.
Note: For data review project, you will be asked to measure data that already exists. It is therefore in your best interest to make sure that there are existing performance indicators that relate directly to your topic and are measurable.
Reflection on Readings
In some discussions, you will note a section titled Reflection on Readings. In this part of the discussion, you will be asked to reflect on the readings for that particular unit.
For this discussion, describe two new concepts or ideas from this unit's readings that were intriguing or professionally meaningful to you, and explain why you chose them.
Respond to the post of at least one colleague. Provide a new insight, suggestion, or resource that can enhance your colleague's work.
When replying to your colleague, please change the subject line format to "Reply to [colleague's name]."
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
• Identify a current, relevant health care problem.
• Differentiate between a problem and a benefit statement.
• Identify relevant performance indicators and performance measurement units.
• Identify relevant and authoritative sources of data and information.