Reference no: EM131090400 , Length: word count:400
SECTION 1: IDENTIFY CONFLICT SITUATIONS
1. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when the word conflict is used?
2. Describe two conflict situations with which you have been faced at work or during your life. Did they involve conflicts with customers, with work mates or friends etc?
3. Choose one of those conflict situations. What action could you have taken/ did you take to prevent escalation of the conflict?
4. How can escalating conflict situations be identified?
1. List five situations where hospitality, travel and tourism workers might feel that their own and/or their customers' or colleagues' personal safety might be threatened.
2. What action should be taken when offensive behaviour or disorderly conduct is occurring and workers feel that their own and/ or their customers' or colleagues' personal safety might be threatened?
1. Think about a time you were involved in a conflict that you and the other party could not solve on your own. What resources (other people) did you use to assist in managing/ resolving the conflict? How were they able to help? If you did not use any resources, what resources could you have used? How could they have helped?