Quality is actually built into the product during its manufacturing. The manufacturing of a product requires a host of activates involving different departments and sections of the manufacturing organization, having the common aim of achieving the required quality and quantity targets. Planning for manufacturing includes the followings activities all of which contribute towards the achievement of quality targets.
1. Selection of processes machines an d tools
2. Process planning.
3. Design and procurement of jigs tools and measuring instruments
4. Planning of process quality controls.
5. Planning the quality control in incoming materials.
6. Planning of the quality appraisal of the final product.