Switchover to Product Oriented Layout from Process Oriented Layout
Advantages offered by Switchover to Product Oriented Layout from Process Oriented Layout:
As being discussed & rationalized over the entire paper finally what advantages one can see if he would like to switch over form process oriented layout to product oriented layout given other conditions remaining same or irrelevant at the time of comparison and evaluation. We list down briefly advantages offered through such switchover:
1. Reduced WIP: due to elimination of processes in between waiting time and travelling time.
2. Increased Production Capacity: due to reduced waiting & travelling time couples with process simplification
3. Minimized Manufacturing Time: due to layout synchronization with production process flow cutting away all wastage possible in all possible attributes
4. Simplified Tasks and Processes: as process flow is single, simpler and defined and needs minimal changes and optimization
5. Increased Incentives for Group: due to simplified process flow changes of more optimization exists and associated simple tasks enables workers to try their best as they are capable of and earn incentive for them.
6. Reduced Manpower Costs: as process flow in optimized, tasks are simpler, no special expertise is needed and movement of wip is minimal manpower requirements are minimal and due to non requirement of special skill set even cost associated with per manpower is as low as possible.