Public Sector - Health Care
1. Increased consumer demands - increased performance measurement
2. Increased quality of service and choice demanded
3. Increasing salaries for individuals
4. Pressure on reducing costs and providing access
5. Increased demands for healthcare
Generally, different eras produce different problem situations, however, we are in business because we have customers. Customers buy from us because they perceive value for money. This perceived value (or rent) is dependent upon our resources and capabilities. For operations managers strategy formulation and achievement of distinctive capabilities were and are still today the driving forces in the organisation. Operations is the powerhouse of the organisation: it is where change occurs: it is the customer interface. Organisations which succeed in the operations function usually succeed in the market place.