Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Initial value problems, math, Mathematics
Write a Matlab function MyIVP that solves an initial-value problem (IVP) for a system of ordinary
differential equations (ODEs) of the form
x ?(t) = f (t, x(t)),
where f : R × Rn ? Rn is an arbitrary function with one one-dimensional input (for time t) and one n-dimensional input x, and n-dimensional output. The function should implement a Runge-Kutta formula (for example, the rk34 formula or the Dormand & Prince formula).
The initial value x0 is provided by the user of MyIVP. The first line of MyIVP (saved in a file MyIVP.m) should look like this
function [xend,t,xt]=MyIVP(f,x0,tspan,N) Inputs
• f: function defining the right-hand side of the ODE. f should accept two arguments: t (a number) and x (an n-dimensional vector). The function f should return an n-dimensional vector y (the time derivative). Typical calling sequence: y=f(t,x), returning the value of f at time t in position x.
• x0: initial value where integration starts from (n-dimensional vector).
• tspan: Starting time and end time for integration. Integration has to run from time t =tspan(1)
to time t =tspan(2).
• N: number of steps for integration. The integration stepsize h=(tspan(2)-tspan(1))/N should
• xend: result of integration at t =tspan(2).
• t: vector of times at which intermediate values have been computed (this should have N + 1
• xt: intermediate values (n × (N + 1)-array). xt(:,k) should be the solution at t(k).
You can check the built-in variable nargout inside your function to see if the user wants to get three outputs or only the end value xend. If nargout==1 you don’t need to store the intermediate values.
Posted Date: 3/12/2012 10:19:33 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Initial value problems, math, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Initial value problems, math, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Initial value problems, math Discussions
Write discussion on Initial value problems, math
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Numbers, even numbers
Mean, a data set has a mean of 3, a median of4, and a mode of 5, which numb...
a data set has a mean of 3, a median of4, and a mode of 5, which number must be in the data set 3,4,or5
Calculate the density of people per square mile, 1. In 1900, a certain cou...
1. In 1900, a certain country's population was 77,977,459 and it's area was 2,821,924 square miles, In 2000, the country's population was 283,575,229 and its area was 3,551,003 sq
Big-m method.., how to use big-m method
how to use big-m method
Differential equation to determine initial value problem, Solve the subsequ...
Solve the subsequent IVP. cos(x) y' + sin(x) y = 2 cos 3 (x) sin(x) - 1 y(p/4) = 3√2, 0 Solution : Rewrite the differential equation to determine the coefficient of t
Find inverse laplace transform, Question: Find Inverse Laplace Transfor...
Question: Find Inverse Laplace Transform of the following (a) F(s) = (s-1)/(2s 2 +8s+13) (b) F(s)= e -4s /(s 2 +1) + (1/s 3 )
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, how to estimate using compatible numbers
how to estimate using compatible numbers
Design a diagram by transformation, On a graph, design a diagram by transfo...
On a graph, design a diagram by transformation the given graph of f (x), -2 ≤ x ≤ 2. Briefly Define the other graphs in terms of f (x) and specify their domains. The diagram n
Find out a if f(x) is continuous at x = -2 , Example Given the graph of ...
Example Given the graph of f(x), illustrated below, find out if f(x) is continuous at x = -2 , x = 0 , and x = 3 . Solution To give answer of the question for each
Lcm, what is the LCM of 4, 6, 18
what is the LCM of 4, 6, 18
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.