Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Initial value problems, math, Mathematics
Write a Matlab function MyIVP that solves an initial-value problem (IVP) for a system of ordinary
differential equations (ODEs) of the form
x ?(t) = f (t, x(t)),
where f : R × Rn ? Rn is an arbitrary function with one one-dimensional input (for time t) and one n-dimensional input x, and n-dimensional output. The function should implement a Runge-Kutta formula (for example, the rk34 formula or the Dormand & Prince formula).
The initial value x0 is provided by the user of MyIVP. The first line of MyIVP (saved in a file MyIVP.m) should look like this
function [xend,t,xt]=MyIVP(f,x0,tspan,N) Inputs
• f: function defining the right-hand side of the ODE. f should accept two arguments: t (a number) and x (an n-dimensional vector). The function f should return an n-dimensional vector y (the time derivative). Typical calling sequence: y=f(t,x), returning the value of f at time t in position x.
• x0: initial value where integration starts from (n-dimensional vector).
• tspan: Starting time and end time for integration. Integration has to run from time t =tspan(1)
to time t =tspan(2).
• N: number of steps for integration. The integration stepsize h=(tspan(2)-tspan(1))/N should
• xend: result of integration at t =tspan(2).
• t: vector of times at which intermediate values have been computed (this should have N + 1
• xt: intermediate values (n × (N + 1)-array). xt(:,k) should be the solution at t(k).
You can check the built-in variable nargout inside your function to see if the user wants to get three outputs or only the end value xend. If nargout==1 you don’t need to store the intermediate values.
Posted Date: 3/12/2012 10:19:33 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Initial value problems, math, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Initial value problems, math, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Initial value problems, math Discussions
Write discussion on Initial value problems, math
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
SIMPLE INTEREST, A payday loan company charges a $95 fee for a $500 payday ...
A payday loan company charges a $95 fee for a $500 payday loan that will be repaid in 11 days. Treating the fee as interest paid, what is the equivalent annual interest rate?
Evaluate the slope of the tangent line, Evaluate the given limits, showing ...
Evaluate the given limits, showing all working: Using first principles (i.e. the method used in Example 1, Washington 2009, Using definition to find derivative ) find the
Demonstrative geometry, how can a curve be divided in three equal part?
how can a curve be divided in three equal part?
Permutation, HOW MANY number laying between 100 and 1000 can be formed with...
HOW MANY number laying between 100 and 1000 can be formed with 0,1,2,3,4,5 and also divisible by 5 with distinct digit
Example for comparison test for improper integrals, Example for Comparison ...
Example for Comparison Test for Improper Integrals Example: Find out if the following integral is convergent or divergent. ∫ ∞ 2 (cos 2 x) / x 2 (dx) Solution
Pendulum swings, how many pendulum swings will it take to walk across the c...
how many pendulum swings will it take to walk across the classroom
What is monomials and polynomials in maths, What is Monomials and Polynomia...
What is Monomials and Polynomials in maths? An expression like 7x is called a monomial. A monomial is an integer, a variable, or a product of integers and variables. Other e
How much interest will she have made after 4 years, Celine deposited $505 i...
Celine deposited $505 into her savings account. If the interest rate of the account is 5% per year, how much interest will she have made after 4 years? Use the formula F = 9/5
Properties of dot product - vector, Properties of Dot Product u → • (v...
Properties of Dot Product u → • (v → + w → ) = u → • v → + u → • w → (cv → ) • w → = v → •(cw → ) = c (v → •w → ) v → • w → = w → • v →
Find the are length and sketch the level curves, 1) Find the are length of ...
1) Find the are length of r(t) = ( 1/2t^2, 1/3t^3, 1/3t^3) where t is between 1 and 3 (greater than or equal less than or equal) 2) Sketch the level curves of f(x,y) = x^2-2y^2
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.