Already have an account? Get multiple benefits of using own account!
Login in your account..!
Don't have an account? Create your account in less than a minutes,
Forgot password? how can I recover my password now!
Enter right registered email to receive password!
Importance of Materials Handling
It is hard to realized how important are material handling in the cost of operation because it is something that is quite common to everyone. But when once its nature is exposed it may be difficult to overlook it as a major potential of effecting cost reduction. Materials handling problems assume importance due to a number of factors;
Various studies made in different industries indicate that cost of handling alone accounts for about 20- 25% of total manufacturing costs in any particular industry may be is largely the result of the methods and equipment used.
1. It is usually found that each part is handled 50- 60 time while passes through the chain of manufacture. Expressed in tones it is found that on an average 59 tons of materials are handled for every tone of finished product.
2. Increased Safety: Materials handling account for 21%of the permanent disabilities and over 25% of the temporary disabilities .
3. Reduce Damage Claimas: Modern handling methods have paid off in the reduction of damage in parts and materials.
4. Ease Drudgery for Men: Most of the jobs done by man huddling are mere drudgery for men in the first place. Some of the mechanized handling jobs being done today would be a sheer physical impossibility for manual labor with in the present economic frame work.
5. The field of materials handling remains still to be fully explored . materials handling techniques are not only industry biggest opportunity they are industry biggest necessity. Competition is beginning to force this new technology upon industry.
QUESTION Motivated people are those who have made a conscious decision to devote considerable effort to achieving something that they value. What they value will differ greatly
Problem 1: "ISO 9001:2000 is an international standard having wide positive effects regardless of the underlying mechanism." Discuss. Problem 2: Describe: (i) Five ste
Question 1 Communication skills are of utmost importance in managing information and technology in any organization. List the characteristics of communication and discuss the seve
What are the general principles of writing especially business writing
how do I apply this to Apple Inc. ?
whether bureaucratic approach will be appropriate for the organizational performance or not?
what is market rivalry of the ge 9 cell matrix
Question 1: Before starting a small business, individuals need to ensure that they have certain essential characteristics. Discuss the personal characteristics that are requi
Many organisations are making decisions to outsource some of their activities. Though, when considering the option to outsource, organisations have to consider the transaction cost
What is the role of leadership in the management literature? In the management literature, each manager is a leader there. Leadership is a procedure of interpersonal affect. Th
Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!
All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd