Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Eye lens, Biology
In lumen of eye ball, a large colourless, transparent, more convex on back side, lens present covered by lens capsule.
When white tissues are formed in it, it becomes less transparent. So
Refrective index of lens is 1.42.
In lens yellow pigment present to check harmful sun rays.
Lens is fixed in position.
From cilliary body suspensory ligaments or
zonulla of zinn
are given out to keep lens in fixed position.
On relaxing of suspensory ligaments, focal length of lens is reduced.
Lens divides lumen into 2 unequal chambers.
Anterior small aquous chamber & posterior large vitrous chamber.
Aqueous chamber is filled by aquous humour (watery fluid).
Vitrous chamber is filled by vitrous wharton's jelly humour (formed during development in embryo only once).
Vitreous humour is dense contains 99% H O, remaining 1% vitrein protein, hyalorunic acid & collagen fibres.
s humour maintains shape of eye ball by turger pressure.
Around vitrous humour hyloid layer present.
In retina a blind spot present where no rods & cones are present.
In vitrous humour upto blind spot a hyloid canal is present.
Intralocular pressure (pressure of aquous + vitrous humour) is about 20 - 25 mmHg. optical axis touches retina to a point or area i.e
yellow spot or macula lutea
. Here xanthophill pigment is present.
Its central part is
Here only cones are obliquely placed so enlarged image is formed.
Posted Date: 10/3/2012 4:20:14 AM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Eye lens, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Eye lens, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Eye lens Discussions
Write discussion on Eye lens
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
What is barfoed test and explain its principle, What is Barfoed's test and ...
What is Barfoed's test and its principle? This test is a specific test for monosaccharides. Principle This test is also a copper reduction test but differs from Fehling
Define gonads and reproductive system, Define Gonads and Reproductive Syste...
Define Gonads and Reproductive System? With aging, there is decrease in pituitary hormone secretion causing decrease in gonadal hormone production, which causes number of chang
Lipid profile, Abnormalities in the lipid profile are found in patients wit...
Abnormalities in the lipid profile are found in patients with diabetes mellitus. The lipid abnormalities increase the risk of heart disease in diabetics and hence should be regular
Classification of biomaterials, Biomaterial is defined, in the broader sens...
Biomaterial is defined, in the broader sense, as any pharmacologically inert material that is capable of interacting with a living organism without causing adverse reactions either
What are gametes, Q. What are gametes? Gametes are cells specialized in...
Q. What are gametes? Gametes are cells specialized in sexual reproduction and they contain half of the maximum number of chromosomes of the species and unite it with another ga
Describe amoebae - paramecia and trichomonas, Q How do amoebae, paramecia a...
Q How do amoebae, paramecia and trichomonas respectively move? Amoebae move by amoeboid movements small invaginations and projections of their plasma membrane (pseudopods) that
Assessment of development in children, Assessment of Development in Childre...
Assessment of Development in Children The development of a child is studied through various responses which he exhibits following a natural or experimental stimulus. Basical
Define the term - microfilaments and microtubules, Define the term - microf...
Define the term - microfilaments and microtubules The cytoskeleton is, in fact, termed as the "bone and muscle" of the eukaryotic cell, and is composed of a network, consisting
Define protein requirement for cancer patients, Define Protein Requirement ...
Define Protein Requirement for Cancer Patients? Both the metabolic stress of cancer, as well as, chemotherapy results in increased tissue catabolism. Hypoalbuminemia and anaemi
Of which type of defense cell do viral infections, Of which type of defense...
Of which type of defense cell do viral infections stimulate the multiplication? The major leukocytes that generally multiply and participate in the defense against viral infect
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.