Characteristics of old or product oriented concept of the marketing:
Main characteristics of this concept of marketing are as follows:
1. It stresses upon the production
2. It assumes that the marketing is only the physical distribution of goods and the services from producer to consumer.
3. It assumes that the marketing starts after the goods have been produced and it ends after the goods have been sold.
4. It does not provide for any allied activity to marketing such as, transportation warehousing, insurance, finance, ect.
5. According to this concept, the ultimate object of the marketing is to maximize the profits by maximizing by the sales.