Blood plasma - circulation, Biology

Blood Plasma - Circulation

Centrifugation of blood results in its separation into two portions - a packed mass of cells which constitute around 45 per cent of the volume of the blood and an almost clear, straw coloured fluid called the plasma, which makes up the remaining 55 per cent. The plasma contains in addition to proteins other organic and inorganic substances in solution.

Posted Date: 1/15/2013 8:16:10 AM | Location : United States







Related Discussions:- Blood plasma - circulation, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Blood plasma - circulation, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Blood plasma - circulation Discussions

Write discussion on Blood plasma - circulation
Your posts are moderated
Related Questions
Secondary Egg Envelopes These are secreted by oviducts and other accessory parts of genital organs while the egg is passing through them from ovary to the exterior. a) In

The various organs involved  in  the digestion process are: Alimentary tract which  includes mouth, pharynx, esophagus stomach, small intestine, large intestine, appendix,  rec

Polyphyletic Theory - Metazoa This theory was suggested by Greenheig (1959) and some other workers. According to this theory, sponges, coelenterates, ctenophores and flatworms

Q. What are the nucleic acids? What is the historic origin of this name? RNA and DNA, the nucleic acids, are the molecules responsible for the hereditary information that comma

Which of the following statements is wrong regarding eukaryotic replication origins? A. More origins are licensed and initiated within embryonic cells than in adult cells. B

Q. Define Stress Echocardiography with Adenosine? These have all been described. The information is that of wall motion abnormality indicating ischaemia. Ejection fraction can

Explain Lipoprotein (Lp(a) Excess ? While cholesterol and triglycerides are important lipid risk factors, another lipoprotein factor called Lipoprotein (a) is thought to play a

Structure and Content of NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL BATTERY The battery contains 269 items, each of which may be scored on a 2- or 3- point scale. A score of 0 indicates normal perform

Please help with the following: a) Draw a diagram (showing all the C and H atoms, and their bonds) for a hydrocarbon with 5 carbons with a double bond between carbons 2 and 3.

A virus capsid containing vimentin, your protein of interest, gets into the cell nucleus and is broken down with the DNA being released. It is unknown whether the capsids themselve