Reference no: EM13665233
Aim of Assignment:
• Create a Project Charter, Requirements Document & Work Break Down Structure
• Apply scope change management processes
• Demonstrate understanding of project planning through the analysis of a case study
Select a project. The project can be:
• One that you are presently involved in or project happening in the future in which you will be involved - either business or social project.
• A hypothetical but relevant project
A. Produce a PROJECT CHARTER, using the template herein
• Problem / Opportunity Statement
• Strategic Alignment
• Benefits (6), KPIs (6)
• Deliverables (6), High-level Requirement(s) (6), Exclusions (2)
• Cost, Timeframe, Risks, (0) (no marks - just provides experience of completing a full charter)
a REQUIRMENTS TRACEABILITY MATRIX using the template herein, list 4 requirements then trace to features in the final deliverables
C. Create a WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE using the template herein: (list format, not chart format). (Note: the WBS must contain at least 15 work packages. If you have a large project, provide the top-level elements, and decompose 1,2 or 3 of these elements so that at least 15 work packages are created.
D. Describe a possible SCOPE CHANGE requested by the sponsor. Fully evaluate the requested change. Produce and explain the revised sections of WBS, assuming that the change is accepted.