Reference no: EM131195113
Assignment : Non-for-Profit Financial Reporting Review
Select one (1) not-for-profit organization in an area of interest to you and review the financial statements and audit report for the organization. The financial statements and audit report of the not-for-profit organization should be readily and publically available on an active Website.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the selected not-for-profit's financial statements to determine if the statements conform to Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) guidance in Statement No. 117, Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organizations (FASB ASC 958-205-45). Explain the selected organization's use of the three (3) fund categories. Recommend at least two (2) areas of potential interest to the stakeholder concerning the status of revenue and expenses.
2. Analyze the organization's statement of cash flows. Explain the format that the organization utilizes, including any unique areas of emphasis that differ from-GAAP accounting format.
3. Compare the organization's reporting of pledges and contributions to its reporting of exchange transactions. Discuss the funds that are utilized.
4. Assess the fiscal condition of the selected organization utilizing and interpreting ?nancial indicators, using ?nancial ratios that are widely accepted as being indicative of ?scal health. This assessment should also be expanded to include fund-raising analysis, program review, contributions, and grant analysis and revenue analysis.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Assess the accounting and financial reporting requirements for not-for-profit organizations.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in government and not-for-profit accounting.
• Write clearly and concisely about government and not-for-profit accounting using proper writing mechanics.