What is the expected value for the rezoned apartments

Assignment Help Operation Management
Reference no: EM131034721

A builder has located a piece of property that she would like to buy and eventually build on. The land is currently zoned for four homes per acre, but she is planning to request new zoning. What she builds depends on approval of zoning requests and your analysis of this problem to advise her. With her input and your help, the decision process has been reduced to the following costs, alternatives, and probabilities: Cost of land: $3 million. Probability of rezoning: 0.50. If the land is rezoned, there will be additional costs for new roads, lighting, and so on, of $1 million. If the land is rezoned, the contractor must decide whether to build a shopping center or 1,200 apartments that the tentative plan shows would be possible. If she builds a shopping center, there is a 40 percent chance that she can sell the shopping center to a large department store chain for $5 million over her construction cost, which excludes the land; and there is a 60 percent chance that she can sell it to an insurance company for $4 million over her construction cost (also excluding the land). If, instead of the shopping center, she decides to build the 1,200 apartments, she places probabilities on the profits as follows: There is a 50 percent chance that she can sell the apartments to a real estate investment corporation for $3,000 each over her construction cost; there is a 50 percent chance that she can get only $2,500 each over her construction cost. (Both exclude the land cost.)

If the land is not rezoned, she will comply with the existing zoning restrictions and simply build 650 homes, on which she expects to make $3,600 over the construction cost on each one (excluding the cost of land).

a. What is the expected value for the rezoned shopping center? (Enter your answer in millions rounded to 2 decimal places.) Expected value:

b. What is the expected value for the rezoned apartments? (Enter your answer in millions rounded to 2 decimal places.) Expected value:

d. What is the expected revenue (excluding the cost of land) associated with buying/developing the property? (Enter your answer in millions rounded to 2 decimal places.) Expected value:

e. What is the expected net profit (including the cost of land) associated with buying/developing the property? (Negative amount should be indicated by a minus sign. Enter your answer in millions rounded to 2 decimal places.) Expected value:

Reference no: EM131034721

Questions Cloud

Flowchart for either preparing a meal or grocery shopping : Develop a process flowchart for either preparing a meal or grocery shopping. Use at least 5 steps. You can draw by hand and send as a scanned pdf file, use word or excel, whichever is easier.
Applying for and receiving medicare : Investigate and predict what impact the baby boomers will have on this issue (including the understanding that since 2011 more than 10,000 people are applying for and receiving Medicare each month).
Estimating and testing population variance : Estimating and testing population variance. A simple random sample was drawn from a normal population with unknown variance σ²: Observation: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 x: 13.9, 18.8, 19.2, 15.6, 21.5. What information justifies a Chi-square sampling distribution ..
Describe targets value chain : Analyze and discuss the Target as it relates to its resources, capabilities and core competencies. There are 4 characteristics of core competencies that lead to a competitive advantage? Does this Target have those?  If so, how did they achieve it? If..
What is the expected value for the rezoned apartments : A builder has located a piece of property that she would like to buy and eventually build on. The land is currently zoned for four homes per acre, but she is planning to request new zoning. What is the expected value for the rezoned shopping center? ..
Detailed description and implementation plan for innovation : Develop a detailed description and implementation plan for the innovation selected to pursue which is: A breathalyzer type of device to test for marijuana. Research and describe a product development or management process, methodology, or model that ..
Create a powerpoint presentation to teach your classmates : For your Final Project you will create a PowerPoint presentation to teach your classmates about a biotechnology topic. Your presentation must have supportive images and a references page.
Is the solution degenerate and is the solution unique : Is the solution degenerate? Is the solution unique? Explain the signs of the reduced costs for each of the decision variables. That is, considering the optimal value of each decision variable, why does the sign of its assosciated reduced costs make e..
Separating and integrating sourcing and logistics functions : Discuss pros and cons of "separating" and "integrating" the sourcing and logistics functions. Examine whether this BPM project of Gap led to the right decision to split them.

Reviews

Write a Review

 

Operation Management Questions & Answers

  Determine the project completion time

Development of an update of a particular software product is being considered by a software house. The activities necessary for the completion of this project are listed in the following table:

  Determine the optimum number of operators

If each machine produces 60 pieces per hour while running, find the average hourly output of each machine, when waiting and service times are taken into account. Determine the optimum number of operators.

  At work nowadays tanya received the good news which the

i garth manages a team of 5 salespeople. one of the salespeople robert has been late to work for the past few days. if

  Discuss advantages and disadvantages to sole proprietorship

Lisa and explain 5 remedies a seller could use if a buyer breaches sales contract. List and explain two advantages and two disadvantages to a sole proprietorship.

  Compare and contrast the skills of the traditional manager

Identifying and developing global leaders is a key concern for international companies. Compare and contrast the skills and context of the traditional / national manager with that of the international manager.

  Describe the difference between formative and reflective

Why is it important to establish ‘goodness’ of measures and how is this done?  Describe the difference between ‘formative’ and ‘reflective’ ?

  Determine the optimal solution

The Hickory Cabinet and Furniture Company makes chairs and tables. The company has developed the following nonlinear programming model to determine the optimal number of chairs and tables produce each day to maximize profit.

  Listening skills-often misunderstanding occurs on job

Listening skills; often when a misunderstanding occurs on the job, it is attributed to a lack of communication, which most of time implies that whoever was delivering the message did not do an effective job. But what about the other side, the listene..

  Question regading the supply chain management

Supply chain management is the integration of activities that procure materials and services, transform them into intermediate goods and final products, and deliver them to customers.

  What are the steps required to develop a social media plan

How can a bank or other financial institution help American businesses to compete in the global marketplace? How can social media help companies generate new product ideas and recruit employees? What are the steps required to develop a social media p..

  What are the dimensions of service quality

What are the dimensions of service quality? How do these dimensions affect a customer perception? How do the quality dimensions, as defined by David Garvin, relate to the dimensions of service quality?

  Information from the perspective of the quality life cycle

Analyze the information from the perspective of the quality life cycle and Figure 11.1. Determine when St. Luke’s made the transition from one stage to the next and submit your response.

Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd