Reference no: EM132609654
1. Security experts recommend using a multilayered defense strategy. A multilayered defense puts multiple controls in place to protect computer system, networks, and other resources.
- Does a multilayered defense guarantee that attacks will not be successful? Why or why not?
2. One defense mechanism may be relatively easy for an attacker to circumvent. Instead, a security system must have layers, making it unlikely that an attacker has the tools and skills to break through all the layers of defenses.
Phishing scams can be delivered in multiple ways and can be generalized for an entire organized or specifically aimed at one person. Please conduct a web search and write at least 2 paragraphs that describe the multiple methods of delivering a phishing scam and a provide a multi-layered defense to combat the phishing scam described.
Assume you are an entry-level security administrator working for Always Fresh. You have been asked to evaluate the option of adding Active Directory to the company's network.
Create a summary report to management that answers the following questions to satisfy the key points of interest regarding the addition of Active Directory to the network:
1. System administrators currently create users on each computer where users need access. In Active Directory, where will system administrators create users?
2. How will the procedures for making changes to the user accounts, such as password changes, be different in ActiveDirectory?
3. What action should administrators take for the existing workgroup user accounts after converting to Active Directory?
4. How will the administrators resolve differences between user accounts defined on different computers? In other words, if user accounts have different settings on different computers, how will Active Directory address that issue? (Hint: Consider security identifiers [SIDs].)