Reference no: EM132014075
Contemporary Management Issues Assignment
This assignment will assess learning outcomes:
1. Demonstrate a systematic understanding of modern developments within business management (Knowledge & Understanding);
2. Justify the recommendation of alternative approaches to management (Knowledge & Understanding);
3. Demonstrate knowledge and application of international standards relating to sustainability, values & norms, and business ethics within a global context.
The Task - Choose a business company in the Sultanate of Oman and evaluate how the company manage and apply their Corporate's Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility to answer the following tasks:
Company - "Oman Cement"
1. Discuss comprehensively Elkington's (1999) Triple Bottom line of Sustainability. Critically evaluate the sustainability of the chosen company in terms of economic, social and environmental perspectives in relation to its stakeholders like shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers, government and the general public. Give relevant examples to substantiate the discussion.
2. Explain the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility according to Caroll (1991). Critically assess the Corporate Social Responsibility of the chosen company applying the four part model of CSR according to Caroll. The four part model of CSR are as follow:
2.1 Philanthropic responsibilities
2.2 Ethical responsibilities
2.3 Legal responsibilities
2.4 Economic responsibilities
You are required to give examples or scenarios which are being used by the company to support the discussion.
Criteria and Steps -
- Background of the company
- Objectives of the assignment
2 Discussion of Sustainability
- Discussion of Triple Bottomline of Sustainability.
- Critical evaluation of the sustainability of the chosen company in terms of economic, social and environmental perspectives in relation to its stakeholders.
- Relevant examples used to support the discussion.
3 Discussion of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Discussion of the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Critical assessment of the company's Corporate Social Responsibility applying the four part model of CSR.
- Use of relevant examples/situations to substantiate the discussion.
- Conclusions and Recommendations must convince the reader that they jibe with the objectives of the assignment.
- Implementation of Harvard referencing system (minimum 10 references).