Q. Show Environmental Conditions for plant?
Data on the following environmental factors are required to support the design layout and choice of the most appropriate orientation of a new facility:
• Location topography (e.g. slope of site, visibility of the plant from adjacent properties).
• Geographic location and position.
• Wind direction, magnitude and patterns.
• Surface Water conditions.
• Air quality (Ambient air temperatures, humidity, and special conditions (e.g. dust or corrosive atmosphere).
• Seismic factors.
• Surface and sub-surface soil conditions.
• Sensitivities of natural waterways.
• Sensitivities of flora and fauna.
Environmental data is also critical to the final determination of:
• Substructure, foundations, drainage, etc.