Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Problem Set, Other Engineering
1) An investment project requires a net investment of $100,000. The project is expected to generate annual net cash flows of $28,000 for the next 5 years. The firm''''''''s cost of capital is 12%. Part 1 - Determine the payback period for the project. Part 2 – Determine the payback period accounting for the present value of future cash flow (ie. Present value calculations). Should the project be done? After considering present value is the 100,000 investment recovered in 3-4 years, 4-5 years or over 5 years?
2) What is the IRR for a project that has a net investment of $14,600 and a single net cash flow of $25,750 in 5 years?
3) Red Lake Mines, Inc. is considering adoption of a new project requiring a net investment of $10 million. The project is expected to generate 5 years of net cash inflows of $5 million per year. In the project''''''''s sixth, and final, year it is expected to have a net cash outflow of $1 million. What is the project NPV, using a discount rate of 12%?
4) Zimmer, a manufacturer of modular rooms, plans to expand its operations in Landshut, Germany. The expansion will cost $14.5 million and is expected to generate annual net cash flows of €2.15 million for a period of 12 years and then the operation will be sold for €1 million (net of taxes). The cost of capital for the project is 14%. Using a spot exchange rate of $1.25/€ as the forecast FX rate for the euro for the term of the project, compute the NPV of this expansion project.
5) Dupree Funds is considering the fees charged by two banks. First America charges a flat rate of $0.11 per payment and First Western requires a deposit of $500,000 (that does not pay interest to Dupree), plus $.05 per payment. What is the number of payments per year where the costs of the two banks will be equal? Assume Dupree''''''''s cost of funds is 9%.
6) What is the annual tax shield to a firm that has total assets of $80 million and a net worth of $55 million, if the average interest rate on debt is 8.5% and the marginal tax rate is 35%?
7) Jason is interested in finding the breakeven point for a new pump it plans to produce. The price of the pump is $250 and the variable cost ratio is 50% of the price. Jason calculated that the fixed costs will be about $400,000. What is the breakeven point of operations?
8) Crown Honda purchased one of its most popular motorcycle models for 965,000 yen. The FX rate for the yen was 142 yen per dollar at the time of purchase, but then rose to 171.8 yen by the time payment was made. What was the dealer’s gain or loss on the change in rates?
9) Seduak has estimated the costs of debt and equity capital for various proportions of debt in its capital structure.
% Debt After-tax cost of debt Cost of equity
0% - 13.0%
10 5.4% 13.3
20 5.4 13.8
30 5.8 14.4
40 6.3 15.2
50 7.0 16.0
60 8.2 17.0
Based on these estimates, determine Seduak’s optimal capital structure
Posted Date: 4/30/2012 6:00:42 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Problem Set, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Problem Set, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Problem Set Discussions
Write discussion on Problem Set
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Full-authority digital electronic control, Full-authority digital electroni...
Full-authority digital electronic control: The supervisory control was a step toward the full-authority, fully redundant EEC. It controls all engine functions and eliminates th
Principles of fire alarm systems, Principles of Fire Alarm Systems: Fi...
Principles of Fire Alarm Systems: Fire alarm systems usually perform two primary functions. Firstly, they provide a means for warning people throughout the building that the
Strain hardening, Q. Define the concept of strain hardening. Ans. S...
Q. Define the concept of strain hardening. Ans. Strain hardening or work hardening in metal occurs because of interaction between the this location and some of obstruction.
Heat treatment of cast iron, how does a cast iron cooling curve look,effect...
how does a cast iron cooling curve look,effect of heating temp, duration also cooling rate
Fire evacuation - railway inspections, Fire evacuation - Railway inspection...
Fire evacuation - Railway inspections: Fire evacuation signals should be given by voice messages and these must be easily understood by the occupants. The expected populati
Flight control - estimators for control, Estimators for control: App...
Estimators for control: Applying control by the state itself needs transducers measuring each componentof x. If instead we apply control using the estimate of state (as prov
What is tact?, What is Tact? Tact is nothing but a situational score ene...
What is Tact? Tact is nothing but a situational score energy. Once I had gone to a Govt workplace for getting documentation. There I was informed to provide unwanted fee more th
AVIATION, CONSTRUCTION, OPERATION, AND MAINTENANCE OF AVIATION METAL PROPEL...
CONSTRUCTION, OPERATION, AND MAINTENANCE OF AVIATION METAL PROPELLER
Means of escape, Means of escape: The means of escape can start at any...
Means of escape: The means of escape can start at any point inside a building where there may be people. The means of escape end when 'ultimate safety' is attained out
Measurement of thermocouple voltage, Measurement of thermocouple voltage ...
Measurement of thermocouple voltage The voltage is typically only a few millivolts and should be measured using a high impedance system. If an amplifier is used, must also have
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.