Objectives of Production Control
An enterprise wishes to obtain the following objectives through production control:
1.Making necessary arrangement for the production of goods and services according to the predetermined demand.
2. Arranging necessary raw materials machines equipment tools and workers for production.
3.Maintaining the inventory of raw materials at the optimum level which requires the minimum capital investment and the least production obstacles.
4. Utilizing the production facilities building plants, men materials etc, to its maximum so that the production cost may be kept minimum and goods and services are made available as and when they are required.
5. Coordinating the activities of different department, relating to the production activities in order to bring the production cost to the lowest.
6. To arrange for product development and design.
7. To arrange the activities of quality control and inspection so that the goods may be produced according to the predetermined specifications and standards.
8.Determining economic lots and to ascertain sequence of operations so that setup cost is reduced.
9.Supplying raw materials to the plant equipment at proper time proper place and in proper quality so that congestions and delays in production may be eliminated.
10. Evaluating the route of production and the proper production progress from time to time and to arrange for its proper guidance and control.