Steps involved for International/Global Competitive Bidding (ICB)
Now that we are aware of the requirements of ICB, let us understand the steps involved in ICB. There can be two ways an ICB can be executed. One is with the pre qualification and another without pre qualification.
ICB for services with pre-qualification
As an employer, you have to take the following essential steps:
1. Notify and advertise for submission of pre-qualification applications.
2. Issue/sale of pre-qualification documents to prospective bidders.
3. Collect pre-qualification applications from the prospective bidders.
4. Open pre-qualification applications.
5. Evaluate pre-qualification applications.
6. Prepare the list of pre-qualified bidders.
7. Issue the bidding document to the pre-qualified bidders.
8. Collect bids from pre-qualified bidders.
9. Evaluate the bids.
10. Select the lowest evaluated responsive bid.
11. Award the contract and sign the contract with the contractor.
12. Contract is accomplished by the Contractor.
ICB for goods and services without pre-qualification
As the employer/purchaser, you have to take following essential steps:
1. Notify and advertise.
2. Issue/sale of the bidding document to the prospective bidders.
3. Collect the bids from prospective bidders.
4. Evaluate the received bids.
5. Select the lowest evaluated responsive bid.
6. Award and sign the contract with the contractor/supplier.
7. Contract accomplished by the contractor/supplier.