In this assignment, you are required to develop part of a B2C e-Commerce site which is an online movie reservation system for a multiplex theatre. Through the developed site, the user should be able to login, view movie details and make a reservation. Payment is not handled at this stage.
As a first step, make sure that all the technologies required for the development of this project are installed on your system.
You can use AMP (Apache, MYSQL and PHP) technologies to develop this website. However if you are comfortable in using any other Open Source Technologies, you can make use of them.
Create a database "Movie Reservation" which consists of the necessary tables such as members, movies, movie_ details, reservation etc.., these are the minimum number of tables but you can include more tables if you want. You can choose the schema of the table according to the project requirements.
In this part of the project, you are required to develop a website which helps the users to make an online reservation for the movie of their choice but pay for the ticket in the multiplex by providing them with the reservation confirmation details obtained at the end of the online reservation process. The details of the pages required are provided below:
- Home: This is the front page of the site. For this page, the user should specify whether he/she is a member or not. If a member, a member id and password is required to be passed for this page. If not a member, a new member id is created which should be unique. The returned HTML document should contain member details and a link to the "View Movies" page.
- View Movies: This page should contain the list of movies played in the multiplex. When the user selects a particular movie, there should be a link to the "Movie Details" page and the details of the corresponding movie should be displayed.
- Movie Details: This page should contain the details of the movies such as the name of the movie, language of the movie, cast details, show timings and the screen in which the movie is played. There should be an option to reserve for the movie and if the user selects the option, there should be a link to the "Reservation" page to facilitate the process.
- Reservation: The user has to provide his member id and name to make a reservation. After the user confirms the reservation, he/she should be linked to a reservation confirmation page which contains a unique reservation number along with the movie name, show timing, date and screen number of the movie. The user should be able to print the reservation confirmation page which he takes along with him to the multiplex to pay for the movie.
The project files and report must be submitted via the coursework box, situated in front of EM1.24, (the School Office) no later than 3.30 pm on Friday, 1st April 2011.
Reports should have the MACS/CS front sheet attached complete with details of student name/ module/ lecturer's name etc.
The marking scheme for the project is attached.
- State the purpose of the report, your remit and any assumptions you have made during the development process.
2. Requirements checklist
- Here you should clearly show which requirements you have delivered and which you haven't.
3. Design Considerations
- Here you should clearly state what you have done to your application to make it more usable and accessible.
4. User Guide
- Use screen shots of the running application along with text descriptions to help you describe how to operate the application.
5. Developer Guide
- Describe your application design and main areas of code in order to help another developer understand your work and how they might develop it. You may find it useful to supplement the text with code fragments.
- Show the results for testing all cases and prove that the outputs are what are expected.
- If certain conditions cause erroneous results or the application to crash then report these honestly.
- Reflect on what you are most proud of in the application and what you'd have liked to have done differently.
- Future recommendations for your website.