DEFECTS OF NERVOUS SYSTEM -
1. Ataxia - Lack of muscle-cordination due to damage of cerebellum.
2. Dyslexia - In ability of a person to comprehense written language.
3. Aphasia - Due to defect of wernickles area inability to coordinate the understanding of speach & producing sound.
4. Parkinson's disease - Due to lack of dopamine. Characterised by rigidity of musculature, involuntary tremors when person is in resting state, seirous difficulty in initiating movement called akinesia, treated by drug L-dopa.
5. Schizophrenia - Caused by excess secretion of dopamine characterized by incoherent speech, broken ideas, abnormal sequence of thoughts, intense fear & unreal feelings.
6. Huntington's chorea - Characterized by Hicking movement at certain points due to loss of GABA & acetylcholine secreting hormone.
7. Multiple sclerosin - Due to damage of myelin sheath of nerve cell, this result in neuron death leading to slurred speech & paralysis.
8. Epilepsy - Characterized by periodic seizures when a large number of neurons fire spotaneously.
9. Analgesi - Loss of pain without loss of tectile sense.
10. Pain in nervous system is neuroglia.
11. Inflamation of nervous system is neuritis.
12. Coma - Complete loss of conciousness.
13. Insomonia - In ability of sleep when sleep is desired.
14. Myelitis - Inflamation of spinal cord.