Controls on the production systems:
1. No inventory is moved unless authorized to be so by a move card.
2. Each bin contains a fixed exact quantity of inventory no more no less.
3. For each bin there is exactly one kanban card.
4. As soon as materials are removed from a bin the kanban card is removed from the bin and placed in the move card box.
5. If all bins at a station contain the fixed inventory quantity the operator stops production until another kanban card is received.
6. All bins are located in standard locations as is all equipment.