You are to choose a particular application, model and simulate it using MATLAB and or SIMULINK.
2. Testing and verification of the model
3. Demonstration of uncontrolled/low-controlled performance of the model.
4. Design of controller to improve performance
5. Implementation of the controller
6. Results of the controlled system
7. Discussion of the controller
1. Modelling must be a state space model of the system. You will show EVERY detail of exactly how you arrived at the model using electrical/mechanical knowledge.
2. You must prove that the model is correct and adheres to the physical system by the rigorous application of a variety of relevant tests using the MATLAB software. The results of these tests must be included in your report along with graphs and explanations for each step. Your model may have to be redesigned to compensate for any discrepancies. Where physical parameters are not available, these must be realistically estimated.
3. The performance of the model must be demonstrated showing instability or poor control.
4. An analysis and reflection on how feedback control will improve the response and function. A prediction of how control theory could improve the model performance will be necessary here.
5. The design of a feedback controller to improve the model performance using a controllability matrix, adaptive control, or variable structure control must be detailed along with each step of implementation.
6. The results will include graphs and responses to demonstrate the improvement in control. You may need to show how the controller was redesigned due to analysis of the results.
7. The discussion will show how the controller could be implemented on the real system.