Application area of artificial intelligence, Computer Engineering

Assignment Help:

1. The State of the Art: What can AI do today? A concise answer is difficult because there are so many activities in so many subfields. Here we sample a few applications other appear throughout the book.

2. Autonomous Planning and Scheduling: A hindered million miles from Earth NASA Remote agent program became the first on board autonomous planning program to control the scheduling of operations for a spacecraft( Jansson eta 2000). Remote agent generated plans from high level goals specified from the ground and it monitored the operation of the spacecraft as the plans were executed detecting diagnosing and recovering from problems as they occurred.

3. Game Playing IBM s Deep Blue : became the first computer program to defeat the world champion in a chess match when it bested Garry kasparov by a score of 305 to 2.5 in an exhibition match ( Goodman and keen 1997) kasparov said that he felt a new kind of intelligence across the board from him. Newsweek magazine descried the match as. The brain s last stand.

4. Autonomous Control : The ALVINN computer vision system was trained to steer acre to keep it followings a lane. it was placed in CMU s NAVLAB computer controlled minivan and used to navigate across the united states for 2850 miles it was in control of steering the vehicle 98% of the time. A human took over the other 2% mostly at exit ramps. NAVLAB has video cameras that transmit road images to ALVINN which then computers the best direction to steer based on experience from previous training runs.


Related Discussions:- Application area of artificial intelligence

Cache misses - computer architecture, Cache Misses Compulsory misse...

Cache Misses Compulsory misses -  it is caused by initial access to a block that has never been in the cache (also called cold start misses Capacity miss - it is cause

Use of hypertext links in internet access, Use of Hypertext links in Intern...

Use of Hypertext links in Internet access From the user's point of view, the Web having of a vast, worldwide collection of documents i.e. pages. Every page may have links (poin

System engineering hierarcy, develop system engineering hirarcy for public ...

develop system engineering hirarcy for public health care?

Performance analysis, In order to calculate the performance of the program,...

In order to calculate the performance of the program, the normal form of analysis of the program is to simply measure the total amount of CPU time needed to implement the various p

How to select valid lines for secondary list, How to select valid lines for...

How to select valid lines for secondary list? To stop the user from selecting invalid lines, ABAP/4 offers various possibilities.  At the end of the processing block END-OF-SEL

DLD, Construction of j-k using 4-bit shift register

Construction of j-k using 4-bit shift register

Explain the concept of generalization, Explain the concept of Generalizatio...

Explain the concept of Generalization Generalization and inheritance are powerful abstractions for sharing the structure and/or behaviour of more than one class.  Generalizati

Differences between internal and external fragmentation, Explain the differ...

Explain the differences between Internal and external fragmentation. Internal and external fragmentation (1) While memory allocated to a process is a little larger than th

How many precision resistors requires a weighted resistor, A weighted resis...

A weighted resistor digital to analog converter using N bits requires a total of ? Ans. Digital to analog converter, a weighted resistor using N bits needs a total of N precisi

Explain the relationship b/w translated & load time address, Explain the re...

Explain the relationship amongst Translated address and Load time address. Translated address: Address assigned through the translator Load time address: Address ass

Write Your Message!

Captcha
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd