Reference no: EM131352133 , Length: 4
Write an essay assignment:-
THE QUESTION is "How do you know what you know?" When push comes to shove, whom or what do you trust? When everything around you is crumbling, what do you retain and keep as solid and sure? In essence, what is your epistemological foundation?
THREE PARTS TO THE PAPER:
1. Tell me your top 2 or 3 authorities whom you trustExplain how you resolve the differences between your authorities if they happen to disagree. In essence, which authority is your ultimate authority?
- Why do you trust each of these people/groups?
- How have they contributed to your "framework" for interpreting life?
2. Explain how you resolve the differences between your authorities when they disagree. Whom do you trust most? In essence, which authority is your ultimate authority? Please do not automatically say yourself. Yes, you must make a decision but this does not mean you are your own ultimate authority.
3. Talk about the role that discourse plays in your knowing. How does talk affect knowing? What roles do silence or actions play, if any? Do actions or images speak louder than words? If so, why? If not, why not?
Length : 4 pages.