Reference no: EM132234835
Purpose of the assessment - This assignment is designed to assess students' knowledge and skills related to the following learning outcomes:
b. Investigate suitable network designs to match requirements;
c. Create appropriate frameworks and standards for network implementation;
Case study scenario: Local Area Network design
Project Scope: A typical lawyer firm in Australia has six departments namely front desk, trainee, research wing, lawyers and Senior lawyers, finance, and human resource.
1. Only lawyers and senior lawyer and human resource department have access to the finance department and vice versa.
2. Front desk, trainee and research wing don't have access to finance department and vice versa.
3. Lawyers and senior layers, human resources, front desk, trainee, research wing have access to each other.
4. Print server, file server and internet is available to all the department.
5. Wireless access required in each department
6. Hardware requirements with costs specification
7. Configuration details on the hardware (Routers and Switches)
Report requirements: The report should have a detail explanation of the planning and designing of network. It is recommended that bullet points are included whenever necessary.
1. Project Scope and requirements
2. Network design and justification
The following information are mandatory:
– in plain language, the description of the approach that students have taken in order to realise the project requirements.
Hint: for example, static routing, dynamic routing (name the protocols, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF etc.), Access Control List (ACL) used etc., as per the preference/s.
– Suitable IP addressing scheme in tabular form (assume as many host as necessary for each department)
3. Network topology diagram and implementation (Netsim preferred)
– Switch configuration
– Router configuration
– Host configuration
– Access point and server configuration guidelines
4. Timeline and Budget estimation
This section should include the followings:
– Hardware requirements with specification with costs
– Human resources and logistics
– Tentative timeline specifications
– Work progression record and consultation on week 6 and 7 by the lab tutor
– Demonstration of a part of the design in Week 8 lab class (hardware platform)
– Demonstration format (no more than 2 persons in a group, at least 3 viva voce questions related to the design, not more than 5 - 7 mins).