Reference no: EM131409900
Task 5 - Growing the business
Having considered how you would go about building and nurturing relationships, George and Mildred now require you to turn your attention to marketing and promoting CCF & MB's business. This requires you to develop a marketing plan for the business.
In developing your marketing plan you should consider the following:
1. Your plan should be developed in line with CCF & MB's vision statement
2. The identification of target markets using a combination of research and your own personal experience
3. The identification of your major competitors (at least two) with a competitor analysis developed for each competitor
4. The identification of CCF & MB's market position based on your research findings and analysis
5. How you would promote CCF & MB's brand and the tools you would use to achieve this
6. The provision of options for increasing yield per existing client
7. How you would implement your plan and monitor it to ensure objectives/goals/performance indicators are being met
8. How you would adjust your plan if required.
Task 7- Improving the business
Over the last few months business for CCF & MB has been very good with a number of new clients coming on board as a result of implementing your business growth and marketing plans. However neither you or the business owners are satisfied with maintaining the status quo; as you and they are committed to a program of continuous improvement.
You all feel that CCF & MB's competitive advantage needs to be strengthened and a SWOT should be undertaken to establish CCF & MB's strengths and weaknesses including benchmarking the business against the industry. You now decide that you will carry out a diagnosis of the business including a SWOT analysis and a benchmarking exercise to improve CCF &MB's competitive advantage and its business. You are to produce a document covering your diagnosis which will be distributed amongst CCF & MB's key personnel.
As a minimum your document should cover the following:
1. The data you have used as part of your diagnosis to identify CCF & MB's competitive advantage
2. A SWOT analysis to identify CCF & MB's strengths and weaknesses, its threats and opportunities
3. How you identified and sourced relevant benchmarking data
4. How you selected the key indicators (and who you consulted with) for your benchmarking exercise
5. A consolidated list of the areas for improvement you have identified with a cost-benefit ratio established for each of them
6. Recommendations on the changes that may be required that will affect existing workflows or CCF & MB's organisational structure
7. A high-level action plan that will implement and monitor the recommended changes to be made.
In addition to the material on your Subject 2 learning guides the following links give you access to a step-by-step guide to benchmarking and determining competitive advantage:
Task 8 - Managing people performance
One of your key responsibilities as general manager is to develop and implement ways to improve the performance of CCF & MB's consultants and other staff members.
Answer the following questions:
1. Why is it important to consult with stakeholders when allocating work? What are the possible consequences of allocating work without consultation?
2. Describe the process you might follow when developing quantitative and qualitative performance criteria. You should explain how you ensure that the criteria relate to CCF & MB's objectives and how to motivate staff members to achieve these objectives.
3. Describe the different ways you might gather information about a staff member's workplace performance.
4. What are the benefits of evaluating and monitoring staff members on a continuous basis?
5. Describe how you might do this in CCF & MB.
6. Why is it important to document the performance management process? Explain the possible consequences of not retaining appropriate records of this process.
7. How can reward and recognition influence the work output of employees? Describe non-financial ways of motivating employees.
Your answers should be no more than 250 words for each numbered question above.
8. Design a high-level performance management process for CCF & MB to be rolled out to all staff members.
9. Who should you consult when designing the performance management process? List who you would consult and the reasons why.
10. Develop a checklist for delivering regular performance appraisals, including a section for team leaders and supervisors to complete a section for team members participating in the performance appraisal process.
Your answer should be no more than 800 words.
Martin and Luis are working together on project involving the preparation for a loan application for one of CCF & MB's most influential clients, a property developer. Martin missed a deadline and the whole project is now behind schedule by a week. This is the third time in a month that he has missed a deadline.
Martin has had problems with meeting deadlines in the past and has already had a written warning.
As the general manager you have been monitoring Martin's performance over the past month, providing informal feedback about his role in the project. Although he has made several improvements
regarding his performance, his inability to meet deadlines has forced the delay of the client's development a further month. CCF & MB made a commitment to the client that the loan application would be with prospective lender two weeks ago.
The client is not happy that his he does not yet have an approval and is considering cancelling the agreement he has with CCF & MB and going elsewhere.
11. You have arranged to meet with Martin to talk about the project and his input. How would you go about providing constructive feedback to Martin?
Your answer should be no more than 500 words.
Task 9 - Showing leadership in the workplace
Leadership is defined as the ability to influence others. This assessment task requires you to reflect on your own ability to positively influence others in the workplace and the negative aspects of poor leadership.
1. Reflect on a situation where you have had a positive impact in the workplace. Please include in the reflective writing the skills, decisions and or behaviours you demonstrated that contributed to this positive change and what the impact was for the team, clients and the organisation. (400 words)
2. Reflect on a situation which was or could have been damaging to the organisation. Please include the behaviours, standards or values that were demonstrated and explain why they were detrimental. (400 words)
3. In your role as the general manager of CCF & MB create your own personal performance plan. You may use your own personal performance plan or alternatively you can use the example below. In developing your personal performance plan you should ensure that your personal KPIs reflect CCF & MB's goals and objectives and how you can help in building CCF & MB's integrity and credibility.
4. Feedback from colleagues, staff and management may be gathered informally and formally including performance review feedback. Why is it important to analyse and interpret all feedback? (400 words)