Reference no: EM13670180
- develop an understanding of domain knowledge about a range of issues relating to electronic commerce
- analyse and advise stakeholders about technical requirements for specific business contexts
- demonstrate the capacity to communicate clearly with stakeholders a range of options that should be considered by a business in an online environment and the ability to apply appropriate structure and referencing formats
- identify and explain the impact of historical and emerging trends relating to the internet, including how it works.
GOGAL Designs currently has branches in shopping centres in 50 cities around the country from which they sell their designer range of clothing. GOGAL Designs' marketing research team has established that the majority of its customers are between the ages of 18 and 45 and are regular users of the Web. In recent times, the business has received feedback from many of them that they enjoy the convenience of online purchasing and would appreciate GOGAL
Designs having an online presence.
GOGAL Designs has contacted your consulting company, Moose Consulting, to provide them with more information about conducting business online. They have asked for the following information to be provided to them:
1. Provide GOGAL Designs with a real world example of each of the major types of e-commerce (as described in Laudon & Traver, e-Commerce 2013: Section 1.1). For each type, describe the Web site - including a screenshot - and provide an explanation of why it fits into the category of e-commerce it has been assigned.
2. Advise GOGAL Designs on their options for building their online business in-house with existing staff or outsourcing the entire operation. Outline for them which strategy you believe is in the company's best interest; explain why you chose that approach; and outline the estimated associated costs, compared with the alternative.
3. During the early days of e-commerce, first mover advantage was touted as one way to success. On the other hand, some suggest that being a market follower can yield rewards as well.
Identify to GOGAL Designs which approach has proven to be more successful - first mover or follower? Explain why and provide two e-commerce companies as supporting examples on your position.