>> Civil Engineering
FAD Architecture and Building Construction Management Assignment - FORM, FENESTRATION AND STRUCTURE
Description: Design the floor, wall and roof structure for the provided site plan and sketch floor plans for a house. The output for this assignment will be graphic, including sketch plans, sections and elevations, as well as drawings adequate to show your structure. The specific information, drawings and format required for this assignment is to be advised.
Aim - The aim of this assignment is to familiarise students with the design and documentation of structural systems of conventional Australian small/medium (domestic) buildings and to design the largest spans with the smallest members allowed.
Groups of 2 or 3 will be assigned a standard sketch design of a house, from which they are to design the structural layout, select members from relevant standards and document the structure of a house through graphic-led methods supported by schedules and third-party material.
The assigned sketch designs include the following:
- roof forms
- ceiling shapes
- door and window approx. opening sizes and locations
- structural materials for the floors, walls and roof
- different combinations of timber and masonry structure
Changes to the house design are not allowed as this unit is not about designing houses.
For this exercise, do not include external masonry or lightweight internal or external cladding, including the external masonry layer in cavity brick/block construction. Also, do not include any secondary timber structure such as roof, ceiling or wall battens.
Llow for Site Classification A and Wind Category N1, Ail timber structure is to be Stress Grade F5 - do not use engineered structural timbers (such as LVL's, timber l-beams, posi-strut floor joists and beams) for this assignment.
Select the specific structure where necessary and design the layout and arrangement and calculate or select the required sizes and spacing for the sketch design you have been assigned. Please follow the construction type for the roof, floors and walls as indicated in the sketch design you have been issued, and do not change the indicated construction. Please document the following:
1) Edge beams and intermediate/stiffening beams under the reinforced concrete slab (reinforcing can be indicated but is not required). Intermediate beams should be located under internal load bearing walls.
2) Pad or strip footings and/or stumps or piers under the timber floor structure. Strip footings are to be at the edges of the building only.
3) Design the concrete slab integrated with the strip footings, showing level changes.
4) Design the layout and calculate the required sizes and spacing for the timber bearers.
5) Design the layout and calculate the required sizes and spacing for the timber floor joists.
6) Select the type of standard load-bearing masonry walls.
7) Select the type of lintels over openings for the masonry walls.
8) Timber studs, top plates and bottom plates are to be 90x45 F5 at 450 centres.
9) Calculate the required timber lintels and jack studs.
10) Design the roof truss arrangements and connections. For the purposes of this exercise, top and bottom chords and webbing are all to be 90x45 F5.
11) Select the size and spacing of the rafters or purlins for the cathedral ceiling.
Attachment:- Assignment File.rar