>> Computer Networking
Data Communications and Networking
Compare and contrast cat. 6 unshielded twisted pair (UTP), coaxial, and single mode fiber optic cabling types. Describe one or two of the advantages and/or disadvantages associated with using each cable type for a business's network infrastructure.
(a) cost per foot or meter;
(b) termination/installation cost;
(d) cable length/transmission distance;
(e) end point devices (i.e., workstation, wireless access point, switch, router, server, SAN, etc.);
(f) use - in-building horizontal or vertical; and
(g) conversion or interface equipment. Be sure to support your information with the appropriate citation(s).
The paper must use APA 6th ed., 7th printing formatting and contain a title page, 3 to 5 pages of content, and a minimum of three peer-reviewed references.
· Horizontal Cabling Costs: Fiber vs. Copper Calculations - All-fiber networks often provide both short- and long-term cost benefits.
· The Difference between Fiber Optic Cable, Twisted Pair and Coaxial Cable
· Eight Advantages of Choosing Fiber Over Copper Cable - Choosing fiber optic cable over copper cable is often advantageous.
· Comparative Study between Fiber Optic and Copper in Communication - Here is a performance comparison between fiber optics and cable wire in communication.
· Chapter 4 - Transmission Media - Transmission media is discussed in Chapter 4.