Reference no: EM131426582
"Risk Balance of Project Portfolios" Please respond to the following:
• Consider an organization where you work or have worked. Discuss the risk balance or policy that senior management plays for a risky project. If you have not worked in such an environment, discuss a current project that has appeared in the news media.
• Using the example from the previous discussion, assess the senior management's developing organizational capabilities.
The Above is the discussion post mentioned for the assignment. Since they're connected they will both need to be done if accepted. But it's just a discussion post so no more than a paragraph or two.
Evaluate the project you identified in Week 10, Discussion 2, in more detail by completing the tasks listed below. Note that you will need to conduct further research on the project using the Internet as a resource in order to address all aspects of this assignment.
Write a four to five page paper in which you:
1. Evaluate the project scope.
2. Determine the two major risks associated with the project. Explain each of the identified risks.
3. Examine the levels of uncertainty and complexity for the project.
4. Analyze the type of project learning that is addressed. Justify your response.
5. Examine the organizational mind-set and explain its impact on the project.
6. Propose changes you would recommend to the infrastructure for lessons learned.
7. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.