8237 modes-microprocessor, Assembly Language

Assignment Help:

8237 modes :

Intel 8237 can be set to four different type of style of transfer:

1) Single - One transfer at a time,  it allow processor access to the bus between transfers.

2) Block - Transfer all data, it do not allow processor access to the bus (may cause problems with memory refresh).

3) Demand - it keep transferring as long as target keeps DRQ asserted.

4) Cascade - it allow a slave controller use of the DMAC (used for DRQ4).

 

(A) In addition, the DMA controller can be set to make continuous transfers

o   It known as auto-initialized DMA

o   normally DMA is known as "single-cycle"

 

(B) 8237 is clocked at 1/2 of ISA Bus (0.5 *BLCK)

o   up to 4.166MHz (8.33 Mhz ISA)

o   Maximum transfer rate: 4.166MB/s (16-bit DMA)

o   Maximum Programmed I/O transfer rate: 2.77 MB/s

 

(C) Size of transfer

o   Master can only produce word-sized transfers

o   Slave can produce byte-sized transfers

o   Minimum transfer size: 1 byte

o   Maximum transfer size: 64KB (8-bit),128KB (16-bit)

 


Related Discussions:- 8237 modes-microprocessor

Programming, Using the following table as a guide, write a program that ask...

Using the following table as a guide, write a program that asks the user to enter an integer test score between 0 and 100. The program should display the appropriate letter grade.

Matlab?., Hello, I just want to know how much would it cost for you to deve...

Hello, I just want to know how much would it cost for you to develop , debug and test a program in matlab to solve a system of equations with gauss elimination with partial pivotin

Addsub, Using the AddSub program from Ch3 under c:\Masm615\examples as a re...

Using the AddSub program from Ch3 under c:\Masm615\examples as a reference, write a program that subtracts three 16-bit integers using only registers. Insert a call DumpRegs statem

Interrupt system based on 8259 a-microprocessor, Interrupt System Based on ...

Interrupt System Based on Single 8259 A The 8259A is contained in a 28-pin dual-in-line package that need only a + 5-V supply voltage.  Its organization is shown in given figur

Assembly HW help, I was wondering if you guys could offer me some advice an...

I was wondering if you guys could offer me some advice and help on how to proceed - not answers- for a homework problem I am attempting. I am currently working on a "bomb" project

Declare a constant in assembly language, Declare 1 constant. This can be do...

Declare 1 constant. This can be done just below the prototype section. Put the following divider above the constant section. ;************************ Constants ****************

Program for measures the wind direction-vane, You are to create an assembly...

You are to create an assembly program for the MSP430 that correctly measures the wind direction, to a precision of 45° (N, NW, W, SW, S, SE, E, NE), using the MSP430's ADC. Your

Encrypting, write an assembly language program that has two subroutines : o...

write an assembly language program that has two subroutines : one for encrypting alphabates of a string and second fo decrypting the encoded string . in encryption simply converta

Program for game by using microcontroller 8051, I want to do a program as a...

I want to do a program as a game by using the Microcontroller 8051 with the assembly language, by using 4*4 keypad and its matrix display. I have to use the keypad for playing the

PIC MCU, CAN U GIVE BRIEF THEORY

CAN U GIVE BRIEF THEORY

Write Your Message!

Captcha
Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd