Reference no: EM132014126
CAM ASSIGNMENT -
1. Write short notes on - Macro statement, NC words, Stepping motor and Feedback devices.
2. Explain the part surface, drive surface and check surface and also write the auxiliary statements
3. Discuss the various types of transducers used for positioning feedback system.
4. Explain clearly between fixed cycles/canned cycles and subroutines/subprograms. Explain how canned cycles can reduce the programming efforts?
5. What is NC part programming? Discuss the procedure for developing manual part program and compare it with the computer-aided part programming with the help of suitable diagram.
6. Define manual part programming. Write its limitations and also write the various tape formats.
7. Write the APT geometry statements necessary to fully define the component illustrated in figure -1 below. Attempt to keep the number of statements to a minimum. Also write motion statements. Generate any additional check lines if necessary. Start from the origin and proceed anticlockwise around the work piece. Also sketch the path of the total. All dimensions are in inches.