Reference no: EM13852157
1. Text Book - Ethical theory and business(7th ed.) - Beauchamp, T. & Bowie, N. (2004) Pearson/Prentice Hall.
Chapters 7-8 Ethical Issues in Marketing and Information Technology
Question- As presented by David M. Holley in "Information Disclosure in Sales" (Beauchamp & Bowie, 2004, p. 427) discuss the five (5) rules of information disclosure. (25 points) (A 1½-page response is required.) Single-space within paragraph and Double-space between paragraphs
Question- The Right to Privacy is central to ethical issues in information technology and the Internet. Address the following issues concerning this concept. (25 points) (A 1½-page response is required.) Single-space within paragraph and Double-space between paragraphs
1. Discuss two (2) personal viewpoints and two (2) organizational viewpoints related to the issues of privacy and the exchange of information.
2. Discuss the (2) ethical foundations involved in determining privacy issues.
3. Which issue specifically is key to a Kantian viewpoint of privacy? Explain.
Activity- Activity Instructions: Image Ad
Cut out a self-identity image ad (as defined in Beauchamp & Bowie, pp. 417-426) from a full-color magazine. Prepare a 3-page written analysis of the ad, addressing the following issues. Submit the ad, in addition to your 3-page analysis, for grading.
1. Why is this advertisement characterized as an image ad?
2. Does the ad imply any false promises?
3. Identify the underlying presuppositions of the ad.
4. What is your assessment of the cumulative effect of the ad on an individual's self- identity?
5. Identify the viewer gaze and the implied gaze of the ad.
6. Discuss the ethical and autonomy issues of the ad.
7. Give your personal opinion of the ad and its impact on you.
2. Text Book- Ethical theory and business (7th ed.) - Beauchamp, T. & Bowie, N. (Eds.). (2004) Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall.
Chapters 9-10 Ethics, International Business, and Justice Issues
Question- In Chapter 10, Beauchamps and Bowie state, "There could be, based on this analysis, libertarian societies, egalitarian societies, utilitarian societies, and communitarian societies, as well as societies based on mixed theories or derivative theories of taxation and redistribution." Describe the basic elements of each of these four (4) societies, and discuss how each of these societal concepts relates to our democratic process in terms of American economics, government, or ethics. (25 points) (A 1½-page response is required.) Single-space within paragraph and Double-space between paragraphs.
Question- When, if ever, is paying bribes to do business in foreign countries ethical? (25 points) (A 1½-page response is required.) Single-space within paragraph and Double-space between paragraphs
1. Using the Internet, develop a research bibliography, in APA format, of three (3) sources that address the concept of international bribery.
2. Write a summary and analysis of your findings. Use and quote sources, and relate your findings to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977.
Activity- Activity Instructions: Far-East Designs
You have discovered that the company you work for, Far-East Designs, has been running plants in Vietnam for the manufacture of a women's designer clothing line you sell. A customer brought this to your attention and asks how you can justify the fact that he or she should continue to buy from you when you are taking advantage of foreign workers who continue to live in poverty. You return to your company president and share your concerns. His claim is that the workers are paid at a level far above the minimum wages set forth by the local government. In fact, they have excellent working conditions and are happy workers.