Already have an account? Get multiple benefits of using own account!
Login in your account..!
Don't have an account? Create your account in less than a minutes,
Forgot password? how can I recover my password now!
Enter right registered email to receive password!
Two production plants, A and B, make wire cables that are sent to a common distributor. 40% of the cables sent to the distributor come from Plant A, and the remaining 60% from Plant B. Among the cables produced at Plant A, 95% meet the strength specifications; among the cables produced at Plant B, 98% meet the strength specification.
a) The distributor selects one cable at random from among all cables in stock. If the cable selected is found to meet the strength specifications, what is the probability that the cable was produced at Plant A?
b) Let A be the event that a cable is manufactured at Plant A; similarly, B be the event that a cable is manufactured at Plant B. Let Y be the event that a cable meets the strength specifications; and let N be the event that a cable does not the strength specifications.
(i) Are events A and Y independent? Give reasons;
(ii) Are events B and N independent? Give reasons.
The loaded cab of an elevator has a mass of 3.0 x10^3 kg and moves 236 m up the shaft in 23s at constant speed. At what average speed does the force from the cable do work on the cab?
Inventories represent a considerable investment for every organization; thus, it is important that they be managed well. Excess inventories can indicate poor financial and operational management.
How would you encourage the team to make sure that innovative and creative talents of all team members flourish for benefit of health of local population?
An 18.00 g rifle bullet travelling 250 m/s buries itself in a 3.6 kg pendulum hanging on a 2.8 m long string, which makes the pendulum swing upward in an arc. Determine the horizontal component of the pendulum's displacement.
A precision parts manufacturer produces bolts for use in military aircraft. The specifications for bolt length are 37.50 ± 0.25 cm. The company has established an -chart and an R-chart using samples of size five.
Estimate the phenotypic ratios for monohybrid, dihybrid, and trihybrid crosses involving dominant/recessive loci? Using transmission genetics and the rules of probability.
Consider the many possible distributions of grades on a quiz in a statistics class; imagine that the grades could range from 0 to 100.
A company hires a file clerk but does not inquire into his criminal history. In fact, he has had several convictions for driving while intoxicated.
A constant torque of 28- N•m is applied to a grindstone whose moment of inertia is 0.130 kg•m2. Using energy principles, and avoiding friction, find out the angular speed after the grindstone has made 15 revolutions.
Price elasticity of demand is constant if the slope of the demand curve is constant, terms of quantity changes and price changes
Find the 90% confidence interval for the variance and standard deviation for the time it takes a state police inspector to check a truck for safety if a sample of 27 trucks has a standard deviation of 6.8 minutes.
Find the value of q-hat from proportion and degrees of freedom used to find the t-score.
The profit for product 1 is $6 per unit, and the profit for product 2 is $4 per unit. Solve this model by using graphical analysis.
Use normal approximation to determine probability that x = 2. Illustrate all work.
Increasing the confidence-interval level from .95 to .99
The number of passengers on the Carnival Sensation during one-week cruises in the Caribbean follows the normal distribution.
Using the .01 significance level you will test to conclude if the analyst finds evidence that the boast of dealership A is correct. What will be your critical value?
Sketch the areas under the standard normal curve over the indicated intervals, and find the specified areas.
A sample of 120 homes sold recently in a big city gave the mean price of homes equal to $270,000 and the standard deviation equal to $70,000. (a) What is the point estimate of the mean price of all homes in the big city?
Create a histogram over five class intervals.
Findout either the given correlation is significant at given level of significance. Illustrate what does sample size have to do with the significance of r.
he Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) can service customers at a rate of 20 per hour (or 1/3 per minute) when it comes to license renewals. The service time follows an exponential distribution.
Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!
All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd