Reference no: EM13330177
Scope and Time Management
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and a summary document. You must submit the two (2) sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment it is written for.
As the IT Project Manager, you have been assigned a project to deploy ten (10) wireless access points in your company's warehouse and break room within the next ninety (90) days. You are free to make assumptions that satisfy the scope of the project such as training, wiring, consulting efforts, etc.
Your submission will also be graded on the accuracy of your work package assumptions and duration estimates.
Section 1: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Required Format (MS Project File)
- Use Microsoft Project or Open Project (.mpp format) to create a WBS in which you:
- Create 15 or more decomposed work packages into 4 levels that are assigned to 5 or more main tasks (75 line items).
- Ensure the main WBS tasks headings are the 5 PMBOK® process areas.
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure Code for each task.
- Determine an overall project duration and duration estimates for each of the tasks. The duration is not to exceed 90 days.
- Create accurate work package assumptions and duration estimates.
Section 1 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Microsoft Project or its open source alternative in .mpp format.
Section 2: Summary Document
Required Format (MS Word File)
- Use Microsoft Word to write a one (1) page summary in which you:
- Summarize how this activity improves the chances of your future IT project being a success.
- Use at least one (1) quality resource in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.