At what rate must 15c makeup water be provided from river

Assignment Help Civil Engineering
Reference no: EM13323675

A 600 MW power plant has an efficiency of 36 percent with 15 percent of the waste heat being released to the atmosphere as stack heat and the other 85 percent taken away in the cooling water. Instead of drawing water from a river, heating it, and returning it to the river, this plant uses an evaporative cooling tower wherein heat is released to the atmoshphere as cooling water is vaporized.

At what rate must 15C makeup water be provided from the river to offset the water lost in the cooling tower?

Reference no: EM13323675

Reviews

Write a Review

 

Civil Engineering Questions & Answers

  Determine change in the bottom elevation and water surface

A hydraulic transition 100 ft long is used to connect two rectangular channels, 12ft and 6ft wide. The design discharge is 500 cfs, mannining coefficient=.013 and the slopes of the channels are both .0009.

  What is the specific volume of superheated steam at psia

What is the specific volume of superheated steam at 42 psia and 340 degrees fahrenheit

  Find the rate of discharge of water at 60 degrees fahreneit

The 24-in pipe leads from a reservoir (flush entrance), and the 18-in pipe discharges into the air at a point 15 ft lower than the reservoir water surface level. Assuming all changes in section to be abrupt

  Magnitudes of fac and fad

The 70 m tall tower is supported by three cables that exert forces FAB, FAC, and FAD on it. The magnitude of the force FAB is 2 kN. The x and z components of the vector sum of the forces exerted on the tower by the three cables are zero. What are ..

  Find the strain develope in the sample

a quartzite sample in a compression testing mechine is 180mm long and 54mm in diameter. what is the stress under a load of 100kN? if the modulus of elasticity is 102kN/mm2, find the strain develope in the sample.

  Calculate the time required for the particle

A 10 m diameter particle of unit density falls through air starting from rest. calculate the time required for the particle to attain 70% of the final terminal speed and the distance traveled by the particle during the time.

  At what height in the resevoirmust the water level be kept

The point of dicharge is 5 m abovethe floor, and friction losses in the 50 mm pipe from the resevoirto the tower amount to 2.5 J/kg. At what height in the resevoirmust the water level be kept if the pump can deliver only 0.1kW

  Calculating coefficient of permeability

The temperature was 200C, and the void ratio (e) of the soil was 0.43. Calculate the "Coefficient of Permeability" in "centimeters per second" (Given, k = (QL)÷(A Δh t)).

  Derive equation that would allow for the direct calculation

A completely mixed flow reactor, with a volume of V and a flow rate of Q, has a zero-order reaction, dA/dt = k, where A is the material being produced and k is the rate constant.

  Calculate force and moment

Which software do we use to calculate force and moment, and draw shear and moment diagram? I really need this software to design my structural project. Please helps me... thank you so much.

  Define holographic mobile phones

A young engineer has invented holographic mobile phones and has approached a venture capital company to invest in it. The venture capital company considers the product to be an all or nothing product

  Determine will a booster pump be required for the building

The water pressure in the municipal pipeline is 450 kPa, the sum of the local loss coefficients in the building pipes is 11.0, and the flow to be delivered to the top floor at 25 L/s through a 150-mm diameter PVC pipe.

Free Assignment Quote

Assured A++ Grade

Get guaranteed satisfaction & time on delivery in every assignment order you paid with us! We ensure premium quality solution document along with free turntin report!

All rights reserved! Copyrights ©2019-2020 ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt Ltd