Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Phylum Protozoa, General Characteristics and Classification
Zoology Assignment Help
>> Phylum Protozoa
Live Zoology Experts: Phylum Protozoa and Its Classification Assignment Help
offer zoology Phylum Protozoa and Its Classification assignment help,
homework help and instant project assistance with qualified expert’s assistance. Zoology experts at
are helping students in solving their doubts and problems facing in their studies. We offer Phylum Protozoa and Its Classification writing assignment help with 100% plagiarism free answers. Get solved Phylum Protozoa and Its Classification problems,
questions from qualified experts at
Zoology, Phylum Protozoa, Phylum Protozoa Classification,
, Assignment Help, Homework Help, Project Assistance, Live Zoology Experts
Definition: Unicellular or acellular microscopic organisms possessing typical cell structure called protozoa. These are acellular, microscopic, single celled with typical cellular structures.
Phylum Protozoa General Characters-
1. Small usually microscopic and can be seen with naked eyes.
2. Body: Acellular with one or more than one nuclei.
3. Symmetry: Non-symmetrical, bilateral, radial, spherical.
4. Body covering: A pellicle.
5. Shape: Usually constant.
6. Division of labour no physiological division of labour hence acellular.
7. Locomotion: Pseudopodia, flagella (whip like) and cilia (hair like) or organs absent.
8. Nutrition: Holozoic, holophytic, parasitic or saprozoic.
9. Excretion: Through contractile vacuoles or generally through body surface.
10. Reproduction: Asexually and sexually.
11. Life histories: Often complicated by alternation of generation.
12. Encystment: Helps in dispersal and resist untavourable condition.
13. Habit and habitat: These are ubiquitous or cosmopolitan. Free living protozoans are usually aquatic (marine or fresh water). Several protozoans are commensal, symbiotic and parasitic species. Parasitic protozoans are internal or external.
Most protozoans are solitary but colonial also.
Protozoans mostly feed upon the organic food matters. Some are carnivorous who feed the other protozoans. Some feed only upon plants.
Most of them feed upon dead or decaying organic matters and parasitic forms live upon the tissues of hosts whereas other species are synthesizing their own food with the help of chlorophyll.
: On the basis of presence or absence of locomotory organs this phylum is divided into following five classes-
Rhizopoda-Includes 80,000 sps.
1. Body: Naked.
2. Locomotion: By temporary pseudopodia.
3. Excretion: Usually with contractile vacuoles.
4. Majority free livings e.g. amoeba, entamoeba, arcella, polystomella
Mastigophora or flagellata-2000 sps.
1. Body: Covered with thin pellicle.
2. Locomotion: By whip like undulating flagella.
3. Habit: Free living and solitary. Some are parasitic. e.q. cryptomonas, euglena, chlamydomonas, volvox, noctituca, ceratium, trypanosoma, leishmania, giardia.
Sporozoa -2000 sps
1. Body: Covered with thick cuticle or pellicle.
2. Locomotion: Absent in adults.
3. Mouth and cytopyge (anal opening): Present.
4. Spore formation: During sexual reproduction.
5. Habit: Exclusively parasitic and degenerated. e.g. monocystis, gregarina, coccidium (eimeria) plasmodium.
1. Body: Naked and bound by a firm pellicle externally.
2. Locomotion: Hair like numerous cilia.
3. Mouth and cytopyge: Along with oral apparatus.
4. Nuclei: Two types of nuclei-micro and macro, e.g., opalina, paramecium, balantidium, vorticella.
1. Sessile infusoria
2. Locomotion: Youngs are motile with cilia and adults are without cilia with two kinds of tentacles. e.g. acineta, ephelota, dendrosoma.
Live Zoology Experts: Phylum Protozoa Animals, Classification of Animals, Zoology Assignment Help
zoology assignment help
, classification of animals case study and theory homework help and coursework writing assignment help with quality of answers. We provide case study of Phylum Protozoa Animals, Phylum Protozoa Animals characters, Phylum Protozoa Animals classification and writing assignments related to topics. Our zoology experts are highly qualified and experienced and they have ability to solve complex problems within very short time. Get solved Phylum Protozoa Animals classification and characters problems from live online experts at
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.