Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Phylum Porifera, Classification of Animals, Zoology, Assignment Help
Zoology Assignment Help
>> Phylum Porifera
- They evolved from colonial protozoans and thus they are more complex than the protozoans. They are pore bearing animals.
They include about 10,000 living and fossil species and 1,400 genera.
Phylum Porifera General Characters
1. Habit and habitat: Aquatic, sedentary, mostly marine but fresh water also.
: Diploblastic and non-cellular mesenchyma layer is present in between two layers. Loosely arranged cells with tissue grade system.
: Variable plant like.
: Radial (mostly) or asymmetrical.
5. Surface bears numerous minute' pores known as ostia. These are openings of canal system. One large opening osculum forming the blind sac body plan.
6. Cellular organisation: Interior lining is made of cells or choanocytes.
7. Canal system: Water current in the body is maintained by the canal system.
8. Mouth: Absent.
9. Digestion: Intracellular. These are biofilters.
10. Skeleiton : Internal and is made otspicules and spongin fibres. These spicules are chemically made up of silicon, calcium and spongin fibres and are proteinaceous in nature.
11. Sensation: Localised.
12. Locomotion: Absent.
13. Greatest power of regeneration.
14. Sex: Hermaphrodite or unisexual.
15. Reproduction: Asexual by buds and regeneration and sexual by gametes.
16. Fertilization: Internal cleavage holoblastic.
17. Development: Indirect with ciliated larva. Two types amphiblastula larva and parenchymula larva.
Class 1-Calcarea or Calcispongiae
Habit and habitat:
All marine and simple in structure.
: Spicules of calcium carbonate. e.g. leucosolenia, grantia, scypha, sycon etc.
Class 2-Hexactinellida or Hyalospongiae
: Mostly deep sea.
: Triaxon (or 6 rayed) spicules separate or fused.
e.g. euplectella, hyalonema.
: Mostly marine but includes fresh water species also.
: Silicious spicules or of spongin fibres or of both or absent.
e.g. cliona, spongilla etc.
Live Zoology Experts: Phylum Porifera Animals, Classification of Animals, Zoology Assignment Help
zoology assignment help
, classification of animals case study and theory homework help and coursework writing assignment help with quality of answers. We provide case study of Phylum Porifera Animals, Phylum Porifera Animals characters, Phylum Porifera Animals classification and writing assignments related to topics. Our zoology experts are highly qualified and experienced and they have ability to solve complex problems within very short time. Get solved Phylum Porifera Animals classification and characters problems from live online experts at
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.