Planning And Control
The manufacturing control and planning functions are main factor to achieving the goals of minimum cost, minimum lead-time, and high quality. This is hence important to identify with the basic principles of manufacturing control and planning. The initial objective of a Manufacturing Planning and Control System or MPCS in any type of organization is to ensure that the preferred products are manufactured on the right quantities, in the right time, at minimum cost, and meeting quality specifications. The main elements of an integrated manufacturing control and planning system are classified into two types:
- Demand management,
- Aggregate production planning,
- Master production planning,
- Rough-cut capacity planning,
- Material requirement planning, and
- Capacity requirement planning.
- Shop floor control,
- Inventory control,
- Manufacturing resource planning, and
- Just-in-time production system.
In the given sub-sections, we offer a basic understanding of every of these elements of Manufacturing Planning and Control System.