Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Structural engineering, engineering, Other Engineering
The closed form solutions for ?max and Mmax are given on page 16.1-276 for several axial loads. Figure C-C2.2 summarizes the results for the first benchmark problem and Figure C-C2.3 summarizes the second. I want you to conduct second order analyses for both benchmark cases, using MASTAN or any other structural analysis software you choose. Here is how I want you to do it:
• Apply a uniform load of 0.2 k/ft on the first benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• Apply a horizontal wind load of 1.0 kips on the second benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• While holding these forces constant, run a series of load cases varying the axial force from 0 kips to 450 kips in increments of 50 kips (a total of 10 load cases to run) for the first benchmark problem and from 0 kips to 200 kips in increments of 20 kips (a total of 11 load cases).
• Repeat this for a 1, 10, and 20 element model for each of the two benchmark problems.
your final output
1. A table for each for the three models showing the load case, ?max, Mmax, both from the computer solutions and the exact, closed form solution, and the percent difference between the solutions (the solutions should agree within 3% for moment and 5% for deflection per the article).
2. Plots of P vs. ? and M vs. ? from your computer results for each of the three models...
Posted Date: 3/22/2012 4:46:35 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Structural engineering, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Structural engineering, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Structural engineering, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on Structural engineering, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Corporate finance, An investment project provides cash inflows of $730 per ...
An investment project provides cash inflows of $730 per year for eight years. What is the project payback period if the initial cost is $3,500? What if the initial cost is $5,000?
Material science, Ask question #Minimum lkjhbi mbj jhb uy 100 words accept...
Ask question #Minimum lkjhbi mbj jhb uy 100 words accepted#
Inheritance and polymorphism, The objective of this programming assignment ...
The objective of this programming assignment is to experience the use of inheritance in Java and to see how polymorphism works with inheritance in Java. The assignment involves wri
#, • ''Discussed Since the promised return on Russian government debt is mu...
• ''Discussed Since the promised return on Russian government debt is much higher than the promised return on US government debt, you should invest your money in Russia
Secondary operations in powder metallurgy methods, Q. What are the secondar...
Q. What are the secondary operations we apply in powder metallurgy methods. Give their use also. Ans. Secondary Processes of Manufacture : In addition to the basic proce
Analog electronics, what are sampling gates ?
what are sampling gates ?
Aeroengine - axial flow compressor , An axial-flow air compressor consists ...
An axial-flow air compressor consists of 10 rotor/stator stages each built from p gblades of identical cross-section and designed such that the axial velocity is constant throughou
DBMS, why we study r architecture?
why we study r architecture?
Gantt chart, gantt chart
Propeller pitch control, Propeller pitch control: Before looking at pro...
Propeller pitch control: Before looking at propeller pitch control an understanding of the relationship between the 'Power Lever' and the 'RPM (condition / speed) Lever' with r
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Terms & Conditions
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.