Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Structural engineering, engineering, Other Engineering
The closed form solutions for ?max and Mmax are given on page 16.1-276 for several axial loads. Figure C-C2.2 summarizes the results for the first benchmark problem and Figure C-C2.3 summarizes the second. I want you to conduct second order analyses for both benchmark cases, using MASTAN or any other structural analysis software you choose. Here is how I want you to do it:
• Apply a uniform load of 0.2 k/ft on the first benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• Apply a horizontal wind load of 1.0 kips on the second benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• While holding these forces constant, run a series of load cases varying the axial force from 0 kips to 450 kips in increments of 50 kips (a total of 10 load cases to run) for the first benchmark problem and from 0 kips to 200 kips in increments of 20 kips (a total of 11 load cases).
• Repeat this for a 1, 10, and 20 element model for each of the two benchmark problems.
your final output
1. A table for each for the three models showing the load case, ?max, Mmax, both from the computer solutions and the exact, closed form solution, and the percent difference between the solutions (the solutions should agree within 3% for moment and 5% for deflection per the article).
2. Plots of P vs. ? and M vs. ? from your computer results for each of the three models...
Posted Date: 3/22/2012 4:46:35 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Structural engineering, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Structural engineering, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Structural engineering, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on Structural engineering, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Welding, Give two functions of dimensions.
Give two functions of dimensions.
Digital electronics, i got a msg from u is that Dear Tutor ...
i got a msg from u is that Dear Tutor Congratulations!! You are successfully done with the process of quality check, now we are sending you the registration form
Aircraft maintance, Explain different types of intakes of aircraft
Explain different types of intakes of aircraft
Acfi385, Seven years ago, after 15 years in public accounting, Stanley Book...
Seven years ago, after 15 years in public accounting, Stanley Booker, CPA, resigned his posiition as Manager of Cost Systems for Davis, Cohen, and O''Brien Public Accountants and s
Aerodynamics, what is centrifugal twisting moment
what is centrifugal twisting moment
Multirate filters, obtain the polyphase structure H(Z)=1-3Z^-1/1+4Z^-1
obtain the polyphase structure H(Z)=1-3Z^-1/1+4Z^-1
Assgnment, Sulphuric acid can be made with concentration of 99%. However f...
Sulphuric acid can be made with concentration of 99%. However for different industrial process different concentrations are used. For a specific industrial requirement, 62% H2SO4
Details of construction , type of stairs
type of stairs
Fluid mechanics, 2 horizontal flate plate 0.15mm apart and space between th...
2 horizontal flate plate 0.15mm apart and space between them is filled with an oil having viscosity 1poise the upper plate of area 1.5m2 is required to move with a speed of 0.5m/se
Invalidation of certificate of airworthiness, INVALIDATION OF CERTIFICATE O...
INVALIDATION OF CERTIFICATE OF AIRWORTHINESS Listed below are the four major reasons why a Certificate of Airworthiness could become invalid. There may be other specific reason
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.