Get quote & make Payment
Structural engineering, engineering, Other Engineering
The closed form solutions for ?max and Mmax are given on page 16.1-276 for several axial loads. Figure C-C2.2 summarizes the results for the first benchmark problem and Figure C-C2.3 summarizes the second. I want you to conduct second order analyses for both benchmark cases, using MASTAN or any other structural analysis software you choose. Here is how I want you to do it:
• Apply a uniform load of 0.2 k/ft on the first benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• Apply a horizontal wind load of 1.0 kips on the second benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• While holding these forces constant, run a series of load cases varying the axial force from 0 kips to 450 kips in increments of 50 kips (a total of 10 load cases to run) for the first benchmark problem and from 0 kips to 200 kips in increments of 20 kips (a total of 11 load cases).
• Repeat this for a 1, 10, and 20 element model for each of the two benchmark problems.
your final output
1. A table for each for the three models showing the load case, ?max, Mmax, both from the computer solutions and the exact, closed form solution, and the percent difference between the solutions (the solutions should agree within 3% for moment and 5% for deflection per the article).
2. Plots of P vs. ? and M vs. ? from your computer results for each of the three models...
Posted Date: 3/22/2012 4:46:35 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Structural engineering, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Structural engineering, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Structural engineering, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on Structural engineering, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Capacitive transducers, Capacitive transducers Consider a capacitor con...
Capacitive transducers Consider a capacitor consisting of two parallel conducting plates with an insulator in between. Its capictance is C = ε 0 ε r A/d where ε
Aircraft Propulsion, An aircraft is flying at a speed of 500 ft/s an altitu...
An aircraft is flying at a speed of 500 ft/s an altitude of 20,000 ft, where the atmospheric temperature and pressure are 447.3°R and 972.5 lbf/ft2, respectively. If the inlet / di
Finance Project, You are interested in proposing a new venture to the manag...
You are interested in proposing a new venture to the management of your company. Pertinent financial information is given below. BALANCE SHEET Cash 2,000,000 Accounts Payable and
Fire evacuation - railway inspections, Fire evacuation - Railway inspection...
Fire evacuation - Railway inspections: Fire evacuation signals should be given by voice messages and these must be easily understood by the occupants. The expected populati
Presentation about digital technology and finance, i need help with my outl...
i need help with my outline and presentation slides
#pareto, how to crate pareto charts eith matlab?
how to crate pareto charts eith matlab?
Cathode ray tube (crt), Cathode ray tube (crt): Displays of this type, ...
Cathode ray tube (crt): Displays of this type, which are based on the electron beam scanning technique, have been used in aircraft for many years. They were first used to disp
Applications and demerits of electron microscope, Applications - (1) ...
Applications - (1) Electron microscopy is widely used in metallurgy, biology, material science, physics, chemistry, and many other technological fields. The developmen
Numerical methods, Numerical solutions to equations: Many practical p...
Numerical solutions to equations: Many practical problems in engineering involve complex boundary conditions and variable properties that cannot be solved analytically, creat
Lightweight concrete ., type of materials used in lightweight concrete
type of materials used in lightweight concrete
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.