Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Structural engineering, engineering, Other Engineering
The closed form solutions for ?max and Mmax are given on page 16.1-276 for several axial loads. Figure C-C2.2 summarizes the results for the first benchmark problem and Figure C-C2.3 summarizes the second. I want you to conduct second order analyses for both benchmark cases, using MASTAN or any other structural analysis software you choose. Here is how I want you to do it:
• Apply a uniform load of 0.2 k/ft on the first benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• Apply a horizontal wind load of 1.0 kips on the second benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• While holding these forces constant, run a series of load cases varying the axial force from 0 kips to 450 kips in increments of 50 kips (a total of 10 load cases to run) for the first benchmark problem and from 0 kips to 200 kips in increments of 20 kips (a total of 11 load cases).
• Repeat this for a 1, 10, and 20 element model for each of the two benchmark problems.
your final output
1. A table for each for the three models showing the load case, ?max, Mmax, both from the computer solutions and the exact, closed form solution, and the percent difference between the solutions (the solutions should agree within 3% for moment and 5% for deflection per the article).
2. Plots of P vs. ? and M vs. ? from your computer results for each of the three models...
Posted Date: 3/22/2012 4:46:35 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Structural engineering, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Structural engineering, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Structural engineering, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on Structural engineering, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Determine the data rates for different modulation, Question: (a) OFDM s...
Question: (a) OFDM signals have a higher PAPR that signal carrier signals do. Describe (i) Why this is so and what is the impact on radio transmission systems? (ii) How
Building economics, with sketches,describe single upper flows
with sketches,describe single upper flows
Guides for the fire risk assessment, Guides for the fire risk assessment: ...
Guides for the fire risk assessment: In the UK, the Government produce guides for the FRA process that are free to download. There are a range of guides covering the ran
aeronautic engineering , where can i study this as a full cours
where can i study this as a full course
Time value of money-inflation-interest rate-opportunity cost, Time Value of...
Time Value of Money Consider your cheese steak hoagie business. Assume that Phillies will win another World Series, and your business will be hired to serve a party that will
Interference of light, Explain the formation of newton''s ring in reflected...
Explain the formation of newton''s ring in reflected light. Prove that the radius of the bright rings are proportional to the square root of the positive odd interger
Dsp, need a topic for small project using dsp
need a topic for small project using dsp
Four stroke diesel engine, FOUR STROKE DIESEL ENGINE: T he cycle of ev...
FOUR STROKE DIESEL ENGINE: T he cycle of events that takes place in a four -stroke diesel engine has been shown. Unlike the petrol which drawn in a mixture of air and petrol,
#Parcellary Survey, What is Parcellary Survey?
What is Parcellary Survey?
Aeroengines - compressible flow, All fluids are to some extent compressible...
All fluids are to some extent compressible but gases show significant changes in density if pressure and/or temperature is changed. Some gas flows can be treated as being incomp
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.