Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Structural engineering, engineering, Other Engineering
The closed form solutions for ?max and Mmax are given on page 16.1-276 for several axial loads. Figure C-C2.2 summarizes the results for the first benchmark problem and Figure C-C2.3 summarizes the second. I want you to conduct second order analyses for both benchmark cases, using MASTAN or any other structural analysis software you choose. Here is how I want you to do it:
• Apply a uniform load of 0.2 k/ft on the first benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• Apply a horizontal wind load of 1.0 kips on the second benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• While holding these forces constant, run a series of load cases varying the axial force from 0 kips to 450 kips in increments of 50 kips (a total of 10 load cases to run) for the first benchmark problem and from 0 kips to 200 kips in increments of 20 kips (a total of 11 load cases).
• Repeat this for a 1, 10, and 20 element model for each of the two benchmark problems.
your final output
1. A table for each for the three models showing the load case, ?max, Mmax, both from the computer solutions and the exact, closed form solution, and the percent difference between the solutions (the solutions should agree within 3% for moment and 5% for deflection per the article).
2. Plots of P vs. ? and M vs. ? from your computer results for each of the three models...
Posted Date: 3/22/2012 4:46:35 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Structural engineering, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Structural engineering, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Structural engineering, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on Structural engineering, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Resolving power and rayleigh criterion of resolution, Q. Explain Rayleigh c...
Q. Explain Rayleigh criterion of resolution. What is meant by resolving power of grating? Ans. Resolving Power (i) Meaning of Resolution : The resolving power of
Construction, What are the problems arises during construction and their so...
What are the problems arises during construction and their solutions
Flight control - estimators for control, Estimators for control: App...
Estimators for control: Applying control by the state itself needs transducers measuring each componentof x. If instead we apply control using the estimate of state (as prov
Sand casting, Sand castings are porous enough and, therefore, cannot be use...
Sand castings are porous enough and, therefore, cannot be used for pressure sight vessels. Structure obtained by sand casting is loose and hence not stranger than wrought products.
Comparison of fp result with other metods, Comparison of fp result with o...
Comparison of fp result with other metods Comparisons of FP results with results from other computational methods for inviscid flows are given. The FP results have been obtain
Create and plot signals in ccs , I want to plot x1=4exp(t/4) x2=sin(2Pift+...
I want to plot x1=4exp(t/4) x2=sin(2Pift+pi/2) and x3=x1x2 in CcS
Operations research 1, oilcois building a refinery to procduce four product...
oilcois building a refinery to procduce four products diesel, gasoline
How Does Hydraulic Fracturing For Gas And Oil Recovery Work?, what is the p...
what is the possible breakdown of this topic
What is trial balance?, What is Trial Balance? All business periodicall...
What is Trial Balance? All business periodically tabulate the charge and credit worthiness stability separately in a declaration to see whether the complete of charge account b
Hot section inspections of aircraft, Hot Section Inspections (HSI's) Th...
Hot Section Inspections (HSI's) The hot section includes all components in the combustion and turbine sections of the engine. Scheduled inspections may involve visual inspectio
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.