Customer Service Chat
Get quote & make Payment
Structural engineering, engineering, Other Engineering
The closed form solutions for ?max and Mmax are given on page 16.1-276 for several axial loads. Figure C-C2.2 summarizes the results for the first benchmark problem and Figure C-C2.3 summarizes the second. I want you to conduct second order analyses for both benchmark cases, using MASTAN or any other structural analysis software you choose. Here is how I want you to do it:
• Apply a uniform load of 0.2 k/ft on the first benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• Apply a horizontal wind load of 1.0 kips on the second benchmark problem (as shown in the figure).
• While holding these forces constant, run a series of load cases varying the axial force from 0 kips to 450 kips in increments of 50 kips (a total of 10 load cases to run) for the first benchmark problem and from 0 kips to 200 kips in increments of 20 kips (a total of 11 load cases).
• Repeat this for a 1, 10, and 20 element model for each of the two benchmark problems.
your final output
1. A table for each for the three models showing the load case, ?max, Mmax, both from the computer solutions and the exact, closed form solution, and the percent difference between the solutions (the solutions should agree within 3% for moment and 5% for deflection per the article).
2. Plots of P vs. ? and M vs. ? from your computer results for each of the three models...
Posted Date: 3/22/2012 4:46:35 PM | Location : United States
Ask an Expert
Structural engineering, engineering, Assignment Help, Ask Question on Structural engineering, engineering, Get Answer, Expert's Help, Structural engineering, engineering Discussions
Write discussion on Structural engineering, engineering
Your posts are moderated
Write your message here..
Highway maintenance, Various types of Bituminous Course? Explain each
Various types of Bituminous Course? Explain each
Miller sweep generator, I want circuit diagram of miller sweep generator wi...
I want circuit diagram of miller sweep generator with components using two transistor bc547
Ratio analysis, calculate inventory turnover ratio, when only given current...
calculate inventory turnover ratio, when only given current assets $100,000, current liabilities, $25,000 sales $200,000 and quick ratio=1.5
Econometrics of Financial Derivatives, I''d like to receive a recommended b...
I''d like to receive a recommended book to be able to price fixed income derivatives when there is not already a martet to to calibrate models. I need to use econometrics book to e
Aeroengine - linear blade cascade, A blade cascade is a row of evenly space...
A blade cascade is a row of evenly space yp dentical blades. Approximates to a turbomachinery rotor or stator if the radius the annulus is large compared with the bl the annulus is
Zeroth law of thermodymanics, Explain with the aid of sketch of zeroth law ...
Explain with the aid of sketch of zeroth law of thermodynamics
Security Analysis & Portfolio management, ABC Ltd. has an investment opport...
ABC Ltd. has an investment opportunity available which will involve a capital outlay in each of the next 2 years and which will produce benefits during the following 3 years. A sum
Industrial &production engneering, what type of topic or subject is gud for...
what type of topic or subject is gud for the project before the final year project
Absolute return fund, What is Absolute Return Fund The absolute return stra...
What is Absolute Return Fund The absolute return strategies develop returns from active management with small or no underlying market exposure, seeking to achieve positive returns
Compton''s effect, When a beam of monochromatic x ray is incident on a grap...
When a beam of monochromatic x ray is incident on a graphite block, it get scattered and scattered wavelength is larger than that of the incident radiation wavelength. This scatter
Accounting Assignment Help
Economics Assignment Help
Finance Assignment Help
Statistics Assignment Help
Physics Assignment Help
Chemistry Assignment Help
Math Assignment Help
Biology Assignment Help
English Assignment Help
Management Assignment Help
Engineering Assignment Help
Programming Assignment Help
Computer Science Assignment Help
IT Courses and Help
Why Us ?
~24x7 hrs Support
~Quality of Work
~Time on Delivery
~Privacy of Work
Human Resource Management
Literature Review Writing Help
Follow Us |
T & C
Copyright by ExpertsMind IT Educational Pvt. Ltd.