Steps in work Measurement:
The various steps are :
1. Break the job into elements:
2. Record the observed time for each element by means of time study synthesis or analytical estimating method.
3. Establish elemental time values by extending observed time into normal time for each element by applying a rating factor.
4. Assess relaxation allowance for personal needs and physical and mental fatigue involved carrying out each element.
5. Add the relaxation allowance time to normal for each element to arrive at the work content.
6. Determine the frequency of occurrences of each element in the job multiply the work content of each element by its frequency( i, e, number of time the element occurs in the job) and add up the times to arrive at the work content for the job.
7. Add contingency allowance if any to arrive at the standard time to do the job.