Scope of Circulation work Circulation work includes
• Registration of members,
• Lending, i.e., charging and discharging,
• Renewals, i.e., persons who seek extension of time for borrowed books,
• Recall, i.e., requesting a borrower to return a book,
• Holds, i.e., books that are reserved for a member that are already on issue,
• Notification, i.e., communicating with members on all the above, as needs
The other activities of the circulation division may include additional lending services such as interlibrary loan and reserve book collections. As circulation counters are usually located close to the entrance/exit gates of libraries, the circulation division of a library may also control the gate register and the property counter. The exact range of circulation work, however, varies from library to library.