The program presents mainframe contains two button new user, existing user
PART ONE: CLICKING ON NEW USER
New window appear contains:
- text field represent username,
- text filed represent an answer of a question labelled as "type the name of someone you know"
- 4 options specifying" how much time do you want to type the password". These options are 5times, 10 times, 15 times, 20 times
- "Continue" button which is deactivated, "cancel button"
Once user type the name and answer the question, the continue button become active and user can click on it.
Once clicked on continue, input windows asking the user to type the password based on the number that choose from the option (ex. If user chooses 10 so 10 input windows will appear asking user to type the password). However certain points should be considered:-
1. If user accidently press back space in which he wrote one letter wrong.. This attempt shouldn't be considered (ex. If user type back space in the last time he allowed to type ,this is not count and he will be allowed to type again)
2. For each time user type the password the hold time for one key, the time movement to the next key, total typing speed is captured.
To make these parameter clear this figure showed the events that should be captured which specify in the figure as dwell time and flight time. Total typing doesn't appear in the figure but I need this time to be captured.
So assume the password is secret and user and user chooses to type this 5 times
Raw data for the first time is: th1,tm1,th2,tm2,th3,tm3,th4,tm4,th5,tm5,th6,total
Raw data for the second time :same parameters however the time user take for the first time is not the same for second time
Raw data for the fifth time
Once user types the last time his password ... a message presenting a successful registration is appear, in which the user will have a profile(file) contain his name,the name of someone he know, the actual password, standard deviation and mean and median of each timing parameters
So recalling the pervious example of secret as a password and user will type it 5 times
As i have th1,tm1,th2,tm2,th3,tm3,th4,tm4,th5,tm5,th6,total for 5 time
So there would be:
1. STD(th1),STD(tm1),STD(th2).......,STD(total) for 5 time
2. MEAN(th1),MEAN(tm1),MEAN(th2).......,MEAN(total) for 5 time
3. MEDIAN(th1),MEDIAN(tm1),MEDIAN(th2).......,MEDIAN(total) for 5 time
PART two: CLICKING ON the existing user IN WHICH LOGIN SESSION CONSIDERED.
Once user clicked on the existing user
New window appear containing the following
- username in a text field
- one text field of password
- Three button defined as "login using Weight measurement", "login using median-based algorithm"
- "hold time and flight time", "hold time and typing speed" ,"hold time, flight time, typing speed"
At this stage I just want you to concentrate on the" login using Weight measurement" clicking
Once user clicked on" login using Weight measurement", the decision in which user got a successful login will be made, this decision will be made based on the following
Firstly; theusername associated with actual password matches
Secondly; according to the option user chooses as a parameter "hold time and flight time", "hold time and typing speed", "hold time, flight time, typing speed". The algorithm is calculated.
So if user picked the first option "hold time and flight time" this means the timing for holding a key and the timing only considered for moving the next key are considered.
In this Session once user types the password the timing parameters of the password keystrokes are captured for matching purpose.
For every keystroke timing...if the time of pressing a key and the time for moving to the next key are is lies between the number of matches increase by one which is initially equal to 0
And weigh for these are calculated for that captured time
J: refers to the stored data in which the timing match a value lies between
So the user will get a successful login message if
The calculated total weight is greater than %55
So consider that user will be allowed 3 times only in case the matching didn't success from the first time
In the case of other options in which user might choose other options "hold time and typing speed" ,"hold time, flight time, typing speed"... so these time are considered for the calculations
Note : there would be more than one user ..so during the registration process particular user's profile should be stored for later login testing.